What are the limits of semen retention?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TinkerTank, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TinkerTank

TinkerTank Fapstronaut

So I recently went on a 21 day streak and it was absolutely amazing! I knew it was great while I was there but after relapsing I realized just how much better 21 days felt than my default state. It felt like the energy just kept building and building.

So this really makes me wonder just where the ceiling is (if there is any). I think progress is limited a lot by wet dreams which allow some of the energy to escape but what if semen were retained indefinitely? I wonder just how "pumped" you would get.

We should also take other factors like diet and exercise into account since they are definitely important for a healthy system. I know Taoists talk a lot about conserving sexual energy and using it for spiritual purposes.

Do you guys normally reach a plateau at some point?

2. For your diet plant based is the way to go. No red meats. If you are going to consume animal products get wild fish and outdoor bred animal foods. Exercise at least 3 times a week and make sure u break a good sweat with each session. Supplement with methyl-B12, iodine and magnesium.

In regards to avoiding wet dreams you want to avoid eating and consume little to no fluids an hour before bed. Don't eat a massive last meal. I have found if you think about avoiding wet dreams and think of them as a bad thing in the day time when it comes to night if you happen to realise you're having a wet dream you can stop it. When I realise it is happening I do a kegel hold (squeezing the muscle you use to stop urination) until the arousal stops then I wake up.

3. Loui-fap-A-rooni

Loui-fap-A-rooni Fapstronaut

I never have wet dreams but the longest streak I have gone is around 90 days. You have to transmute that sexual energy, with things like meditation and exercise. You mentioned taoists and yes they had similar approaches. This might seem a bit esoteric and out there but when you get cravings you have to not try and just distract yourself and run from those thoughts, but shake hands with and remind yourself why you are abstaining, and literally say it in your head that you are transmuting that desire into energy for motivation instead, or determination, physical endurance during exercise, or whatever. Wet dreams or dreams in general are just your subconscious mind manifesting itself so anything you a are ignoring or distracting yourself from for too long will come into play during sleep.

TinkerTank likes this.