1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE TEAM CHALLENGE.

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Sergeant_139773, Aug 25, 2018.

Who will win the challenge?

1. Team Gucci

2. Team Peanut Butter

3. Team Peanut Butter Sucks

4. The Barbarossa Sailors

5. Team Cashew Butter

6. Team Bananaz

7. Team The Fellowship

8. Team Victorious

9. Team Nine Lives

10. The Dream Team

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I'm going to officially check in right now, in case I forget later. Going out if town on Thursday and wont be back til late Monday night, and this week and next week are going to be really busy with work. So I might not be around much.

2. @What I Do That Defines Me @Desperate_Warrior
    I think willpower is there in some ratio but speaking about myself. I always felt my willpower is so weak and can't push myself. In some moment i used to be like a robot controlled who says no, but faps at the same time. This was a serious issue, that I can not control myself !! Maybe someone would feel that when he is deeply addicted to pmo. When I asked that good member, he said "if it was about willpower then if i say no to pmo today, and done i am not addicted" but it is not like that. So he took other factors to strengthen instead of focusing on willpower itself. And this is what i am doing since a long while but recently i made some changes according to my last relapses experience and the things that helped different members here. Back to the good member, he was lore addicted than I was. And he focused on the spirituality, faith and honesty. That has helped him and now he is almost pmo free (and he was a serious addict). Speaking about myself, currently I am working on Faith, psychological factors (some techniques to rewiring my mind) and on a healthy, active routine. And of course BLOCKERS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME. This made me get in better progress even if I am still not getting a better streak.

I would mention two different theories that do speak about the same formula of Non-willpower concentration :

• I noticed more than a Nofap member has been into SAA groups. Two of them I met in here who followed the 12 steps, I haven't read much about the 12 steps yet, but they are now above the 90 dsys streak and they were serious addicts. 12 steps focuses of spirtual and honesty and social activity (again didn't read much so don't mind me) but it doesn't focus on willpower, this is what I know.
    • The second theory is about a method that is called the SPAM REMOVED (spam code #001) - REPORT TO MODERATION method to be PMOFree. It is a claim for a person who pesuades people to read his book and after finishing they will be pmo free. And he says this is not about willpower method, that he justifies it is not the prpper way to defeat an addiction. So why I didn't read it? I read a quarter of the book, but it is super boring, it is not well written and the writer keeps speaking about his achievements and why he wrote the book excluding the strstegy. And I couldn't skip chapters because he keeps repeating (DO NOT SKIP CHAPTERS) . I am aiming to read the 12 steps currently.

3. Blossom

Blossom Fapstronaut

4. Alright, see you then. You going for pleasure?

Desperate_Warrior and spaces like this.
  5. Well, again its my personal opinion, but focusing on those others things is a means to strengthen willpower. For example, if you practice faith and get closer to God (or whoever you follow) then when you want to pmo you might think of that and say no, which in the end is willpower but faith helped you do it. So i think focusing on other things is great but their purpose is really to help with your willpower and give you the strength to say no. Because, unless you chain yourself up, will is always the last line of defense regardless of what anyone says.

6. I agree, you have a point!

7. Yep! My mom and sister and I are taking a vacation for my moms 50th birthday

8. Cool, sounds fun. Have a good time....Oh and bring me back a souvenir ;)

9. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

@DeservedCriticism, take a bow, man!

And @Castielle, see you then! I hope you enjoy the vacation, and if possible, I'd like a souvenir too!

10. just as long as i get a better one...i did ask first ;)

11. All these things are important imo. Don't put too much faith into your blockers though. I did that and it works really well until you find a way around it and then they're worthless. At least that's my experience.

Enjoy!!! :emoji_balloon::emoji_tada::emoji_tada:

12. Aye, surprisingly still here mate.

[​IMG]

13. spaces

spaces Fapstronaut

Checkin to Thursday :emoji_tada:

Desperate_Warrior and Praksh like this.
  14. Praksh

Praksh Fapstronaut

Checking in pals !

15. Praksh

Praksh Fapstronaut

POSSIBLE SCORE: 200(days points) +30(bonus points)= 230(total points)/200(days) which means 115% efficient.

MY PERSONAL GOAL: TO ACHIEVE 100% OR MORE.

MY PROGRESS: 3/200 [1.5% efficient as on 11/10/2018]

16. Blossom

Blossom Fapstronaut

Checking in!
    I found this song lately and I wanted to share it with you!
    what are your thoughts about it?

Desperate_Warrior, Praksh and spaces like this.
  17. I don't and never will appreciate it when singers/rappers put effects on their voices (looking at you, T-Pain), but it's not a bad song.

Desperate_Warrior, Blossom and spaces like this.
  18. spaces

spaces Fapstronaut

Amazing song :) , really makes you ecstatic . Too bad he is no more . He made several wonderful songs .

Desperate_Warrior, Praksh and Blossom like this.
  19. HEMMA I STOCKHOLM!!! That's my home too! :D:D:D Really like Avicii! I usually don't like electronic music but Avicii is really great. (Perhaps I'm biased because he's from Sweden.)

spaces, Desperate_Warrior and Blossom like this.