1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The NoFap Running Thread

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jun 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I know there are a few running threads on here but I thought we could have a running thread where we share our distances and times.

If you use a running app feel free to share your results after your run.

Also, we can share videos and article to encourage us with our running.

Lets this be a place where we encourage each other to get out there and run.

ManO'War and plant goodness like this.
  2. This is my run from yesterday. Currently on a new program plan.

nrc-20170627_191511-stickered.jpg

plant goodness likes this.
  3. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Dude am I reading that time and distance right? Probably not.

4. plant goodness

I mean 12:04, a dozen minutes far left corner....is that really 1 mile in the center??

5. plant goodness

I don't want to say anything about that until I know the time and distance are being read right...

I am trying to run daily will update daily I don't use an app but I might. I don't see a reason to really. I'm not racing or anything I just like what running does for the mind and body. I don't do it for the sake of competition and races are meaningless for me.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. It's mile in the centre, duration on the left and average pace on the right.

7. I use a running programme on my app plus I also like to see my running stats. But you don't have to use an app if you don't want to. You can just tell us about how your run went.

Just been for a 3 miles run. Fell behind on last weeks program so I had to catch up today

8. plant goodness

9. plant goodness

5K on a brand new outdoor track, felt like I was running on the surface of a tire floating in space. Sublime. Pavement sucks. Pavement is not healthy. You will pay if you keep running on cement. Not my payment just how nature works.

:emoji_white_check_mark:

10. plant goodness

11. plant goodness

What app is that?

I'm using Runtastic.

12. ManO'War

ManO'War Fapstronaut

I walk trails on my property and adjacent state land 4 miles about 5 days a week. I wear a pulse meter and get up to 65%-80% max heart rate. Lots of up and down terrain so I don't need to run. Takes me around 45 minutes. I have a great Samsung Health app on my Galaxy S8+ to measure time/distance/route on new trails in other places.

13. Nike+ Run Club

Runtastic is a good app. I use to use it but stopped when there was problems with a connecting to my Running Heroes account. I would probably still be using it if I wasn't using Running Heroes.

14. Ready_Ryan

Ready_Ryan Fapstronaut

I am a runner! I also love biking! Both are awesome exercises. I am in my colleges track and field team, so I really do love the sport of running and being active. I don't think I could go through life without hikes and runs and bike rides or swims..... even though swimming is soooooo hard.
    I like using Strava for my bike and run tracking. It works really well, has an optional social aspect to it and breaks all the paths you take into segments and allows you to track how you have improved on your times.

15. plant goodness

I bike everywhere I run as I don't run on pavement. Was thinking of using Strava, I used it for biking before but lost interest in it.

I think people lose the true spirit of outdoor cardio when they start using apps and gizmos but hey to each their own. If it helps you connect with people running and biking or keeps you moving progressively forward with your training more power to you.

I'm uninstalling the app and going primordial style.

No more earbuds either. Just the breath.

Like they did it back before there were paved roads, just trails.

16. plant goodness

I took a pounding today on the trail. It was a decent bike ride there too which destroyed me.

It was what I like to call a 'blitzkrieg' session. I felt wasted before I completed the run and will admit I had to finish it walking. I felt blitzed out of my skull.

Absolutely tied to the whipping post riding my bike back.

It wasn't fun but it's the kind of day that will make you faster come the morning.

ManO'War likes this.
  17. plant goodness

18. Prov2611

Prov2611 Fapstronaut

Any advice for someone trying to get started. I need to do some exercise, and it'll definitely help build some self control too. Appreciate you guys

19. plant goodness

When is the last time you went for a jog or run?

Prov2611 likes this.
  20. plant goodness

@Prov2611 I'd start with aiming for 3 mile jogs. If that seems daunting, forget distance and aim for 20 minutes of jogging.

Treadmills are a sorry excuse of a jog/run but I cannot tell you how to run. My advice is do it outside. Find a school track or just run on a bikepath or sidewalk. Pavement won't kill you in the short term. I prefer trails though. Nothing compares to running in nature but we're getting off track, HAHAHAHAH GET IT?

Ready_Ryan and Prov2611 like this.