***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. 22 sep (sat): 16 minutes with pulse between 150-185 bpm, 16 min stretching
    23 sep (sun): 36 minutes with pulse between 150-185 bpm, 35 min stretching
    24 sep (mon): 22 km cycling

Indeed, any workout you do is good for your body. You've already got the willpower from the cold showers so now it's just a matter of getting persistent with the exercises as well. Remember, the best competition you have is your former self. If you log your workout you will pretty soon notice that you're improving all the time. :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Awesome man! Yeah, I agree with what @Force Majeure says. It's great to see that you are doing something. This is a good start! :) Keep on going!

/Baldur

3. Amazing Athest

Amazing Athest Fapstronaut

Well i workout 4 times a day so
    Im IN
    today i did 5m HIIT at 5AM
    going to do 150 push ups before i go to bed

4. Did exercise 3 days with one day gap each.
    Today just realized just how weak I have become. I could not even do 10 push ups in a row while I could do like 30 earlier. That was indeed disturbing.
    I think i'll rely on the Home workout app just like last time and try n improve.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Good luck man! :)

Update:
    Lots of tough martial arts training. I loved it! :)

Cheers and keep the updates comming! :)

/Baldur

6. I thinks I'll count the days from now on.
    Day 4.
    Some basic exercises.

Deleted Account and Baldur like this.
  7. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Alright. Got to update some stuff. :)

I did plenty of kettlebell cleans, presses and snatches. I still recover from an injury and have to take it a bit light but hej, I still feel like getting stronger. :)
    This years (conventional) deadlift aim is 170 kg for one and 125 kg (highbar) squat for one. As I'm injured it will be quite a challenge to achieve it but I still have almost 3 months till the first day of 2019. :D
    If I "only" reach 160 kg for a deadlift and 115 kg for a squat I'm fine. :) (Proper form! Current stand: 140 kg for 3 and 105 kg for 2)

Cheers brothers and sisters! Keep healthy and strong!

/Baldur

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Force Majeure likes this.
  8. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

These are quite some respectable running times! :)

leo da king likes this.
  9. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Hej guys! What is up?
    Update:
    I incorperated some kettlebell rows into my routine, as I found my lower back to be the weak link in deadlifting.
    I also started to clean more. I somehow neglected that exercise although it is fun.
    Next month I hope to be able to get back to barbell/kettlebell training fully.

I hope all of you guys and girls are doing well!

Cheers!
    /Baldur

Shoto Jaya and Force Majeure like this.
  10. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Well, some martial arts training. I got kicked to the knee and my nose ended up bleeding because of a clinch move.
    Both of it regenerated quite quickly. (I went hiking the next day without a problem) I attribute the knee stability to squats, hiking and other training (kicks, getting kicked, etc.).
    I am glad that my body heals fast and can take a beating.
    Time to get my mind strong as well. Beginning meditation. Does anybody has any experience in this?

Cheers and stay strong!
    /Baldur

Force Majeure likes this.
  11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Seven mile run this morning; average pace 7:33.

Force Majeure and Baldur like this.
  12. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Great morning run today, sans shirt and got a lot of Vitamin D. 10 mile run at average 7:33 pace. Same pace as yesterday.

Force Majeure and Baldur like this.
  13. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Every time I think I outgrow my kettlebells I just do a harder workout with them and they bring me back to reality. Thanks! <3

Cheers to all!
    /Baldur

Force Majeure and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  14. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

I've been on vacation, so this is my exercise list:
    A day of paddling,
    Three and a half day of cycling and
    A half day of hiking.
    Heavy lifts including bikes with luggage.

Stay awesome friends!
    /Baldur

Force Majeure and leo da king like this.
  15. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Reducing my expectations on deadlifts/squats due to injury.
    I see if I can do a 150 kg deadlift for a double with good form by the end of this year.
    I wanted to have 180 kg but life and my own stupidity managed to interfere. Anyways, I keep
    at it.
    Stay strong and keep the updates coming!

/Baldur

16. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Tough training session today. It was very pleasant and we had a great time! :)
    Where are all the updates guys and girls?

Cheers!
    /Baldur

17. Sorry for having been quite bad at updating my status lately, it has now been a month since my last update. I'm going to pick up my status updating from now on :)

The last month, I have more or less been working out six days per week, between one and two hours per day. I have started to do a short workout session for 15 minutes before breakfast every morning which is very nice. Moreover, krav maga twice per week and around 88 km cycling per week. I have also been taking very tough workout sessions every weekend with a friend, we aim for a high pulse during the whole session, like above 150 bpm for one hour. It's tough as hell. I am also working out during the time I'm working. I'm working as a programmer and it's very nice to do short workouts several times a day, like 50 push-ups, work 30 minutes, 50 push-ups, work 30 minutes and so on. When training krav maga, I have noticed I have pretty weak legs when it comes to high knees and similar exercises. So in order to change that, I am training the legs several times a day by hanging like I would do dips and then I get up with my legs one at a time, either bent or straight. I have been doing quite a good progress with this and now I usually do around 200 high knees before I take a pause. Another thing I have started with lately is the wrist roller, I am doing it with three kg (several reps) but also ten kg (one rep). One thing I started to work on two weeks ago is the triple hand clap push-up: one clap near the chest, then one behind the back and then one more near the chest before going down. I can do around 16 of these in elevated position, e.g. with my hands 20 cm higher up than my feet. I am also doing a lot of burpees now since they are so damn hard! I am usually aiming for doing 100, taking short breaks after each 10 to let my pulse go down a bit.

Now I'm going to prevent this ketchup effect by updating more often! Stay strong guys and girls and @Baldur , I'm happy that you've been working out so good and that you have kept your updates coming! Keep up the good work! :D

Baldur likes this.
  18. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Oh my, what an update! :)
    I recommend doing squats to front kicks as an exercise that we do in training. :) One hour of 150 bpm would be too much for me, or at least it sounds hard as hell.
    Watch out with those burpees, one can easily get bad form with all those reps. And that increases the risk of injury.
    Crazy stuff with those push ups. :D I can do the one clap ones. Haha

And thank you @Force Majeure ! I will do that. :)

Awesome update.

Update from me:
    BJJ, and other martial arts training. One day later I still find things busted up on my body. Next time I'll take it a bit easier. We now have a BJJ competetor in our ranks which increases
    the fun even more. :D

Cheers!
    /Baldur