TH3 PRIM3 CHA113NG3

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Akeakua, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1/5
    6/197
    Raw Total: 7/9

Don80 likes this.
  2. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Hi I'm not good at maths.
    But it's my day 1. And I hope to score day 2.
    0/2

I need to read the rules again. It may be fun.

Edit. I got it. Prime numbers. But if I manage not to slip, I'll keep going. Perhaps it's the THE steak. Who knows?

Akeakua likes this.
  3. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Welcome Don80. Thanks for joining the challenge. I was thinking about making checkpoints involving Transformers with Optimus Prime being the top rung of the challenge. Maybe one of these days. Anyway it's nice to see someone else here.

4. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I love the transformers. There were a lot of cartoons in my childhood that I loved. Anyway, every challenge is about meeting great people, not only about improving in the realm of nofap. Are you into maths? I never was but I recently started to like it and see that somehow it's useful in life. Nice to be here.

Can you explain the numbers you have in your post?
    1/5
    6/197
    Raw Total: 7/9

Akeakua likes this.
  5. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

I'm sort of into math, and no problem! Yeah math is great. You can do a lot with algebra, geometry and trigonometry.

It's just kind of my own metrics -

First number refers to where I am at on the current step. I am currently day one on the third rung (5 days) of the ladder.

Second number is total out of the full challenge (197 days total).

Third number is my raw stats, I have not PMO on 7 out of 9 days. I started this challenge 9 days ago.

6. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

So I'm in day 1 and a half.
    So my stats: 1/2
    1/197
    1/1

Correct? Not sure if I got the last one right.

Akeakua likes this.
  7. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Yes, you did! It's completely optional how you want to track your own.

Don80 likes this.
  8. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Relapse. I didn't plan it. I need to work on my determination and find a positive way to distract myself.
    0/2
    1/197
    1/2

What are you interests Akeakua? I enjoy novels, games (World of Tanks, Heroes of Might and Magic, used to play Diablo 2 but I usually get hooked on one and play it too much but it's more under control nowadays), anime, TV series (comedy, sci-fy). I learn Spanish as my nofap hobby but I used to learn other languages but I quit them. I love cold showers, meditation, yoga. I used to learn some programming for fun.

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Keep going! In all honesty my counter ought to be at 0 but it discourages me a bit so I reset to 1. I used to enjoy playing games, I regret all hours sunk into hearthstone. Now I've been filling my downtime with reading. I'm reading Stephen King's The Stand now. It's getting very good. I'll share more later.

10. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I often put the counter when I think I am on a streak only to realize that I deluded myself. But I keep going. Actually, this was the first time I posted in a challenge as a relapse without feeling shame. I needed to calculate my stats first :D that distracted me from negative feelings.

11. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

That's awesome! I enjoy some anime, Hunter x Hunter and Monster are my favorites. I've been watching old Japanese movie classics more recently from era 1945-1970. They're really good! One I enjoyed recently was a crime film called High and Low by Akira Kurosawa. I do some web development projects too.

12. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Real stats time:
    1/5
    6/197
    8/10

13. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I loved it. I watched all the seasons but the last one, somehow I didn't get round to it. I also liked: Van Helsing.
    And other classics - Naruto and Bleach. But it was in the past, it hard to find a good anime movies. Did you watch Redline? I loved the music.

I had a phase when I consumed a lot of Japanese culture and even learnt Japanese :). I can recommend: Garden of Words, Your Name and many others. These two are good if you are into relationships and feelings. I also watched some classics and Japanese non-anime movies - I watched "The Magnificent Seven" (the black and white version of the samurai movie) and also 2 other version of western wild west movies. I remember I also watched a Japanese movie about people who were employed to assassinate people but the murders were done so elaborately to look like accidents.
    Do you learn frontend and backend? Do you learn it for a job or as a hobby? I wanted to create a game so I bought a Udemy course on creating simple game in JS but for the time being it's just waiting to be started. I need to focus on completing things. I want to do and learn so many things but I often start without seeing them through. :) but it's gonna change once I beat PMO.

Akeakua likes this.
  14. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Nice! Somehow I've never heard of Redline. Gonna check it out for sure. And I watched Seven Samurai a long while back am curious to see how it was adapted. I know Magnificent Seven is a classic two.

I do both front and back-end and as hobby and an aspiring worker. Udemy is awesome, mostly. Some will stretch their course out longer than it has to be to make it seem like you're buying a better package. I really recommend YouTube honestly. YouTube is amazing. I think "Web Dev Simplified" in YouTube has made js game tutorials on the Chrome Dinosaur game and the Flappy Bird game if you want to check those out.

15. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I know the youtube channels. Thanks for reminding me. But programming can be frustrating and I had to take a break and as a result I was able to accept my current and focus on nofap. :) But I'm drawn to it again. I want to make a to-do app that will store my data. But I know that I will be able to do the frontend and then I'm gonna run into a snag and won't be able to debug the app as it often happened and will feel angry ...

Akeakua likes this.
  16. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

@Don80 Redline seems pretty cool! Liking the animation, some parts have a rotoscoped feel. And the music is unexpectedly subdued and mellow for a racing sequence. Really easy to listen to. I like it.

I hear you, debugging can be stressful. It helps to place console.logs in your code and have a good coding linter like ESLint extension. For the fundamentals if you feel you're lacking knowledge in some of the basics, freecodecamp is amazing. Their website and YouTube channel, if you haven't checked those out.

Don80 likes this.
  17. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tips. But maybe IT is not for me. You need to have some special personality for that. If I find it useful for my own means, I'll use it. Nofap comes first.

Akeakua likes this.
  18. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

True! It's definitely good to know what work you truly enjoy more of the time. Good to know it sooner than later, talking to myself a bit haha.

19. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

So what didn't work out for you?

20. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Well, the web dev world is a bit overwhelming and ever-changing. It seems more overwhelming to me because I don't hold a long-term position yet. I'm learning a bit of this and a bit of that. And, I'm thinking, would my odds of breaking into the industry be better if I learned Angular (because I know React which the overwhelming number of applicants know and are applying into) or Ruby or php/laravel? Or if I altogether learned a new language like Java or C#/.NET? And, I think this is something all programmers experience, but sometimes you are put on a project that is maybe very cerebrally taxing or mundane that you do not find interest or joy.