1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Skin-care and Body-care Thread

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bingles, Sep 3, 2023.

1. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

This is a thread dedicated to discussing skincare and body care routines, products, and general discussion.

• 1. Why is skincare important?
    Healthy skin is a reflection of a healthy mind and lifestyle. It can prevent infections, acne, and illness in later life. Taking care of your body will enhance your looks and beauty.

• 2. How do I know which routine suits me?
    Everyone has different types of skin so not every routine will work for you. I tend to have quite dry and sensitive skin, so I use products with high moisture and no alcohol. Look at some videos online and assess what works for you.

• 3. Care and beauty products are too expensive!
    There are alternative budget options that can serve just as effectively as high-end brands. These can be bought off any store or pharmaceutical shelf at a reasonable price. Not everything is objective, you can tailor your routine and products to how you would prefer.

• 4. "It isn't masculine"
    If it isn't "masculine" then so is showering, shaving, and brushing your teeth. It should be a part of everyone's basic hygiene routine. It is unnecessarily categorized by gender when it's literally liquid in a bottle. Ever wonder why people in South Korea and Japan tend to have such good looks, even when they're old? Because they look after themselves with a strict routine and diet. Stop consuming junk and look after yourself.

Obligatory:

"I live in the American Gardens building on West 81st Street, on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an icepack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the icepack, I use a deep-pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser. Then a honey-almond bodyscrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel-scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque, which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman. Some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me. Only an entity-- something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze... and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours... and maybe you can even sense our life styles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

Patrick Bateman face mask.gif

2. Anders17

Anders17 Fapstronaut

best solution is to discard all-almost all commercial factory made products. They don't work. You have to use natural products only. No bodywash, no shampoo, no facewash. At most maybe get a 2 ingredient soap. That's what I am looking to switch to. You can apply raw butter raw kefir etc on your body. The raw primal diet by Aajonus Vonderplanitz is the truth.

3. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

Depends on what you buy really. Korean skincare brands are more focused on advanced formulas and in my experience using them works really well. Whereas Japanese skincare products are similar but focus on simple formulas. Maybe that would suit you better if you dislike using too many products. But there's no need to revert to a hyper-minimalist caveman to pursue masculinity. Choose wisely what you consume and see what is of benefit.

4. Anders17

Anders17 Fapstronaut

I don't see us making any headway in this conversation because we look at things entirely differently. I say that because I used to view things in the same light as you until over time I cut things out more and more and more. I just offered my perspective which naturally most in the modern world would disagree with but at least it gives OP something to think about. I don't think my path is one of minimalism. I still have resources like raw milk raw cream raw butter all of which give nutrients to the face. There's other things like coconut cream etc. The entire body has little pores that are constantly absorbing whatever we put on it and in it. Mouths aren't the only avenue through which we absorb or digest what we put in. The idea is if you won't put it in your mouth why would you want to absorb it through your body in another way. idk everything but there aren't always shortcuts in life imo