1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship advice [simple]

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Hey guys,

even though this is little bit clickbait title - still belongs to this section. So, to put my challenge here. Background story has similar traits as everywhere - PMO at a very young age (6), hardcore addiction for 10 years at the development stage (great! :)) and all perks that came with it. Depression, lack of energy (tons of others) ... and isolation. Happily managed to overcome all listed above. Now, my current challenge is total self-improvement (pretty hard and good) and, I want to finally kick that isolation and beat it - forever. So, funnily said - making friends is extremely easy for me - no social anxiety, people call me the social butterfly and still improving there - this is great. Challenge is in keeping, nurturing the old relationships (years of isolation teach you that you can do everything alone, and how to be alone totally without problems). So, I can create a new relationship easily, get it to very good "level" - but after time, not saying I forget it, but don't feel the need to write back - writing every week "How are you?" isn't the best.
    So, if possible, let this be a guide for others going through the same challenge - so please, if you have little time and spare energy, write your ways how you keep/nurture/hold old relationships, all cases if you meet and don't meet regularly, can meet only on the internet chat. I know, simple and stupid - you have been doing it for years and I am at 17 years asking how :) So please little acquiescence.

Good luck, stay strong
    tomsko

P-Free likes this.
  2. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

Good post. It takes simple effort to maintain those relationships, in my opinion. If they are important to you, you have to put some time and effort into them. Write back even when you don't feel like it. The other person should also be making some effort. If they aren't, then they are probably not going to be lasting friends anyway.

3. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

Don't put out unrealistic expectations and and put the effort into fostering those relationships if you want to keep them. People notice the real intent behind our friendships.

P-Free likes this.