1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I really wanted to see 'adrift' but they took off the movie list real quick, I guess it wasn't such a money spinner or something, oh well.

2. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

SPOILERS
    Yh it was a heart wrenching moment for sure! And the tension of that woman giving birth trying to be as quite as possible coz the monstors nearby.. genius! I was on the edge of my seat.
    great acting

3. A Quiet Place 10/10

I've been waiting so impatiently for this movie since the first trailer. But we didnt want to watch it in the theater, where people might be annoying and loud, so we waited until we could rent it at home. But omg! It was so good! I loved it. John Krasinski and Emily Blunt were both incredible. I'm really happy for him, because this was kind of his first big project that he helped write and that he directed and it was so successful and hes gotten so much great feedback.

I also just kind of love anything that has that much ASL in it, so that was fun.

Taylor25 likes this.
  4. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

I'm not even going to watch it after the last 4 star wars films.

5. The new tomb riader 8/10, it was actually better than i expected.

6. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

I recently watched Avengers: Infinity War and I give it a solid 8/10. But before that (and late to the show with this) was Logan. And I absolutely loved the movie and I cried more than I ever have to a movie. 10/10 in my books. Really brought out something in a superhero movie I haven't seen before. And the themes were really important and even relatable. I watched Logan twice so far and will probably watch it again in the near future if I'm going, to be honest.

The first time I watched Logan, I had this feeling. It's a feeling I never had watching a film before. And I could just feel my emotions shuttling around in my body as the film progressed to the very end. The whole time I was completely engaged. Again, it was a fantastic film. 17 years of Logan with a wrap up that's commendable. Man... what a movie.

u376 and Deleted Account like this.
  7. Wheel Man 11/10
    Best action movie I've seen in a while. Its on netflix.

8. 11/10 huh...thats intense lol

9. tweeby

tweeby Banned

You were never really here 7/10

Critiques gave this film 9/10 and I can see why. It is NOTHING like your normal narrative. Don't expect to leave watching this film with all ends tied up. In fact the end just left me thinking WTF.

Basically the story is of one lone guy who rescues young girls kidnapped and sold into prostitution and the protagonist realises the corruption extends all the way into the upper echelons of government. Really gritty, emotional tirade of the senses, dealing with many uncomfortable topics. Lot's of unanswered questions, watch this if you like edgy / arty films that defy the norms.

This film reminded me a bit of 'Taxi Driver' with Robert De Niro - a film often cited as one of the top ten movies of all time.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  10. Uncomfortably Numb

Uncomfortably Numb Fapstronaut

11. Yeah,that could have been a lot better

12. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I recently watched pride and prejudice and zombies, the less I say about that the better . . .

Taylor25 likes this.
  13. Youssif

Youssif Fapstronaut

Graduation 7.5/10... Watch it when you are in that mood where you want to just be sad or depressed

14. Like Father 9/10

Just watched this movie today on Netflix and it was so good and heartwarming. It's about a workaholic woman (Kristen Bell) who gets left at the alter and ends up going on her honeymoon cruise with her father (Kelsey Grammer) who she hasn't seen in 26 years until he showed up at the wedding.

It's a really good story, and I adore Kristen Bell, always. The casting of them as father and daughter was perfect.

The only reason I give it a 9 instead of a 10 is because some of it was a bit cheesy, and a lot of the supporting characters felt a bit like stereotypical tokens (i.e., the three other couples they hung out with on the boat were a black couple, a gay couple, and a really old couple, and a lot of then felt pretty stereotyped to me). But aside from that, I really enjoyed it. Cried a lot, but in a good way. Great way to spend my morning stuck at home with back problems :/

15. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (Extended)
    8/10
    Good fantasy movie. Taking off a few points because it's so long (about 3.5 hours). However, I do appreciate that most of what Tolkien wrote made it into the movie. (With the exception of Tom Bombadil, but that's a whole different issue.)
    I would definitely recommend this movie. Not sure what exactly was added for the extended edition, so the 'normal' edition is probably fine for most people.

16. Don't get me started on Tom Bombadil lol. Thats my favorite part of the book. I like the lotr movies, but being a fan of the book, i wish they would have felt a little more magical. The whole tone feels dark to me and even the cinematography has a realistic darkness to it. Anyway, thats just my opinion, i know its not a very popular one. :)

reystronaut likes this.
  17. I loved the Lord of the Rings trilogy but Return of the King is still the best one and it's the greatest film in cinema history.

18. Iwannaquitplz

Iwannaquitplz Fapstronaut

Warrior. 9/10
    It's a boxing film, very well written, very entertaining, motivating and emotional. A must watch, it doesn't matter if you don't like boxing... it's just a very entertaining film.

19. Equilibrium, 10/10
    +Christian Bale
    +A cute puppy gets saved
    +Gun-kata looks badass
    +/-Sean Bean dies

u376 likes this.
  20. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

Going slightly off-topic, but it here says that Equilibrium draws from 1984, by George Orwell. Have you read that book, and if so, how do you think it differs from this movie?