1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

POIS suffer here..

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by BeGoodDoGood, Jan 16, 2022.

1. BeGoodDoGood

BeGoodDoGood Fapstronaut

i been suffering from Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome POIS for quite a number of years.
    get the usual symptoms of headache, chronic fatigue, depressed mood and very bad insomnia for next few days up to a week sometimes after ejaculation.
    that makes not PMOing even more imperative. my understanding is POIS is the evolution of my PMO addiction and having chronic PMOing over the years has take the tool.
    looking to connect with other POIS suffers here and exchange ideas of whats work for them.

2. BeGoodDoGood

BeGoodDoGood Fapstronaut

started with gentle MO today after 18 days of celibacy. Moed once gently without P or fantasies and now doing basic self and following POIS related supplements and medications to see if i can make progress with this.
    so far i have been doing okay but the real test will be next few days in terms of my mood, fatigue and insomnia issues.
    so finger crossed.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  3. key thing is stop PMO a few days later you are better where you can manage your day well enough.

Chronic conditions like anxiety can take weeks or months to fade.

The worst is the negative moods- anger jealousy etc. I feel it bad on day 2. By day 3 or 4 its gone or i can let it pass. I use breathing techniques to get through it.

Eagle_man likes this.
  4. Rene75

Rene75 Fapstronaut

No solution but i stopped O about 1,5 year ago. So when im close to O I stop and its finished. Have to say its more tempting to edge and binge, but overall its less problems and more energy. Since my body doesn't require O anymore i'm now trying to quite the PM part.

5. OMG! Now i know , i too had this thing. I named it coomer time and i am completely aware of this. After ejaculation,
    1. My chest will be like that of a women and it will slowly reduce after day (3-7) btw i am having gynecomastia though.
    2. No concentration.
    3. Mood swings
    4.very angry
    5. Heavy anxiety ( i have anxiety genetically )
    Thank you for this information @BeGoodDoGood

6. dariosot

dariosot Fapstronaut

Hi! I haven't been officially diagnosed but for what I've read I think I may have it, because for at least a week after pmoing I am low on energy, have trouble concentrating even to think of a response to someone's question, I'm clumsy, have difficulty speaking and pronouncing words correctly and forming a coherent sentence when speaking, I often say or do things I'd normally wouldn't If I was still on a 30 day streak, and the bad mood. I often have to pretend something excites me or I have to pretend I'm having a good time when I'm socializing. When I visit a friend or family member and it's been only a few hours since I did pmo, I can't wait to get home cos I can barely stand people or even myself.

7. Legacy of Lost Soul

Legacy of Lost Soul Fapstronaut

Have it as well so pinning myself here for future discussion when I have more time.