Pentecost 50 day challenge

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Imagine looking down at yourself as you commit these acts. A man, made in the image of God, reduced to playing with himself for the sake of a few moments of pleasure. Not unlike a dog eating its own vomit. Surely, this is not who you want to be and undoubtedly this is not who God intended for you to be when He created you and breathed life into you.

If your computer or your phone is your primary vehicle for sin, lock it up when you are alone or throw it away. Do whatever it takes to get on a pathway towards sobriety. Freedom from this addiction is worth any price.

jw2021 and Wilderness Wanderer like this.
  2. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

Lying in bed with my thoughts is the primary vehicle for sin. I read before bed but sometimes that's not enough and thoughts are running through my head as I'm trying to read

jw2021 likes this.
  3. You can choose to get up until these things pass. I try to avoid doing anything in bed besides resting, and I don't lie down in it until I am tired enough to fall asleep. And no phones or devices in bed! :)

4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

My morning ritual consists of drinking coffee and reading the news on my laptop. It doesn't make me feel good and doesn't set me up for a joyful day. I just downloaded the Hallow Ap.. I hope to greatly reduce my time spent reading the news and increase my time focused on the fact that I am God's child. I want to know my father in heaven more closely and to better understand His plan for us and for me personally. Maybe an Ap like this would be helpful replacement for whatever you are reading that leads you astray.

5. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

Worst day yet yesterday. Hounded by fantasies and couldn't stay off my phone

jw2021 likes this.
  6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Please use your phone to find and read the "12 steps". P is at least as addictive as alcohol. We cannot rely on our willpower to avoid it. Unless and until we take to heart steps 1 through 4, we are doomed to fall, again and again. I pray you will make a choice for freedom from P. Recognize you cannot trust yourself and seek God's help. This is the only way.

jw2021 likes this.
  7. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

https://www.sa.org/twelve/
    SA has a similar thing

jw2021 and CPilot like this.
  8. You can get rid of your phone. That's what I did to help break free in the early days. There are always options.

jw2021 and Wilderness Wanderer like this.
  9. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I talked with my therapist about what to do at night and we came up with a few things like prayer, learning songs and memorising scripture to keep my mind active when I'm trying to sleep

10. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

It will seem difficult at first and your mind will want to resist, however you can do this if you pray for God's gift of grace to see you through the tough times. Prayer is the answer. I spent too many years ignoring this advice.

11. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

Summer has begun and with it comes less clothes

jw2021 likes this.
  12. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Make a battle plan. (1) Frequently, pray for the grace to curb your eyes and ask Jesus to occupy your heart. (2) Don't add to temptation by choosing to expose yourself to it. Make good choices about where you go and what you do. (3) Learn to recognize your triggers and times of weakness and avoid them.

13. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Yes, during the summer, others like to be a stumbling block. Great advice from @CPilot Only thing I can add is you can't avoid seeing everything but you can choose to look away. Instead of dwelling on temptation, pray for those people instead.

14. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I've done okay today. I had a lunch with the family so enough to distract me

15. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Good work. Now, Mattew 6:34 (RSV-CE)34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day’s own trouble be sufficient for the day."

Sean Edie and jw2021 like this.
  16. Let's not forget that the stumbling block is entirely in our own hearts. More or less skin showing has nothing to do with whether there is lust in our hearts. When Jesus instructed us on how to defeat lust, he never once hinted that the objects of our lust had a role to play, too. Integrity of heart and mind and eyes is our issue to address and ours alone. If we try to make even a small portion of it someone else's responsibility, we will never defeat sin in our lives and will remain immature.

17. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I was a bit slow getting out the house this morning and it was pretty dull weather but now the sun is up, I'm feeling better

CPilot, jw2021 and Mara43 like this.
  18. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I had a great sleep last night and I'm feeling refreshed this morning

19. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I'm meeting with my pastor today going through "surviving the trenches" by Joe Barnard

Mara43, CPilot and jw2021 like this.
  20. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

The sun helps keep my mood up as long as I look away when women pass wearing summer clothes

Wilderness Wanderer and jw2021 like this.