1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

On Being Attractive

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by CH3RRY, Oct 19, 2018.

1. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thanks for the compliment man. But I have to disagree that it's harder to lose weight than it is to gain it. I have to eat a shit ton of food and drink a lot of milk just to get a normal weight. I'd say they are equally hard, though if someone's extremely obese, that would take more work to lose it than for a skinny guy to gain some weight. Usually people can be only so skinny, but obesity can mean hundreds of kilograms of extra weight.

2. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

First what catches my eye is your expression on your picture: you look dissatisfied and sad, it is like you are worried or unlucky about something. Why don't you smile more? I guarantee you will feel better, because it makes you happy. And other people around you will notice your happiness you take with you by smiling. And smiling makes more attractive, no joke! ;)

Eleanor likes this.
  3. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah I agree with you. I just don't like smiling in pictures, sure I will smile in real life if I have a reason to. I come from a culture where people don't smile randomly, usually men have stone faces and don't show emotions easily.

4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hmm, could say the same about your avatar, lol. ;)

5. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

Hahah good one :D But the sad-part doesn't fit to it, the expression of my avatar is more serious than sad :p

But it is not forbidden being more relaxed and chilled, so give it a try! But don't exaggerate. ;)

6. i was a skinny tall person and then bulked up a decent amount (about 40 lbs). It's not necessary to do so, but you'll get alot more attention and more attractive girls will be into you. Also keep in mind in 6'7" which is a factor in getting that female attraction. But getting more mass increased it for me alot

7. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

Sounds like you are doing great.

When I was your age I was too self absorbed to notice whether or not the ladies had their eye on me. To be honest, I probably still am today.

8. OP,

Fucking pretty-boy....

Honestly though, one straight white male to another, you're the sort of guy I hate because girls would be crushing on your so hard. You're doing something I never really did at your age - pushing iron. Bulking up, either with a programme or a trainer, should net you some serious results. I've been going to the gym for almost 6 months, and looking over my measurements, my weight, bicep and chest are currently where they were at the start (although all dropped before getting to this point), and my hip and waist measurements dropped (although my waist small has climbed from it's lowest).

As someone who went from 'scrawny' to 'skinny-fat' without anything in-between, and being short to boot, I admit to having envy of any guy who is closer to the ideal.

Yeah yeah... I know all about self-limiting beliefs. If no one wants a piece of me, how is that 'self'-limiting.

9. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Listen. I wasn't always like this. A year or two ago noone wouldve been envious/jealous of me, I was a skinny lowlife nerd with all kinds of confidence and social issues. I've gotten rid of all my problems by myself, and this is where it has all lead to. Don't hate me when you don't know how hard of journey I've taken, I bet some would love to switch places with me but they would never be ready for all the things I've went through.

AUTiger7222 likes this.
  10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That is really nasty and uncalled for! :(
    Well said @CH3RRY. I respect what you have done and the journey you have made. Don't let anybody put you down.

Eleanor likes this.
  11. Every person goes through their own journey, no one is going to know how hard or how easy one's journey is. I don't think he actually means that he hates you, just a figure of speech to explain something probably?

But it's good knowing that you're taking control and making an effort, that's what counts :)

Eleanor likes this.
  12. Nabaski

Nabaski Fapstronaut

I feel you. I'm 180cm tall myself and 2 years ago I weighed around 55kg. I started going to the gym (went there from September last year to this year's June) and I weight 70kg now. I'm feeling happier now but I'm still not satisfied, as I have a lot of fat which is preventing me from getting a more structured body (I can barely see the first two abs). I definitely recommend doing exercise of some sort, whether it is going to the gym or doing calisthenics (which Im doing because I started university this year and I don't have the time to go to the gym)

13. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah I should've used a different word than hate even though that's what he used. I didn't take his comment negatively, I like that he expressed himself genuinely.

14. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It's always nice to hear from people who are as skinny as I am. Usually people who claim to be skinny are only very slightly underweight or even average. The past week I've been really eating a shit ton of food. Multiple days in a row, I've wanted to vomit cause of how much food I've been consuming, it's nothing serious tho, my meals aren't huge but I eat like every 1.5-2 hours. I've been going to the gym too every single day, and will continue doing that.

15. Nabaski

Nabaski Fapstronaut

It feels amazing in the next morning with all the muscle pain, doesn't it? :emoji_slight_smile:

16. Been trash too, my whole life( skinny , bad posture, 0 muscles) all untill this year which I made huge improvements. Been around two years since I stopped PMO and many improvements happened since then. I'm still on my way, building my muscles but the progress is really good. I got for the first time in my life a girl say I'm cute right in my face looking right in my eyes(happened like a week ago) . Plus other girls looking at me without saying anything :)). The confidence and stuff I gained from abstaining from Pmo really boosted me forward.
    I started changing my interests a lot too, from gaming and stuff, to going places and meeting people. Having a better looking body is such a powerful confidence booster.

Everyone, keep going strong. There are countless benefits awaiting.

17. Just Rose

Just Rose Distinguished Fapstronaut

You're a good looking guy but indeed a little thin :b I weight 61 kg and I'm 1.62 m tall, but I might be a little fat. My first crush was very thin, I don't think it has nothing to do with that. Just smile more ;)

+TenPercent and Deleted Account like this.
  18. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes it does feel amazing to actually feel the progress. But about the gym, currently I'm just doing different machines and learning things like bench pressing. Eventually, probably in the next few weeks I will get an actual program which I will follow, someone already told me about a good one in here.

19. Nabaski

Nabaski Fapstronaut

Yeah, I've done that as well when I started

20. end_it_for_good

end_it_for_good Fapstronaut

honestly getting bigger can sometimes work against you. I am with a woman now who says she doesn't like big muscular guys, she's probably not for me. I am thick and muscly. I'm actually trying to shed some weight. I think I'm a little too big. Chicks like skinny guys. If a lot of women are looking at you, what's the problem? Are you going and talking to any of them?