1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New goal

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by ParvusSapentia, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ParvusSapentia

ParvusSapentia Fapstronaut

My new goal is 365 days PMO free.

The one exception is if my wife initiates or is interested in sex. This is a serious long shot as a brief hug is the best I can hope for at the moment.

I realize this is a huge jump from my original goal of a 90 day reboot, but in my clearest moments I have come to realize that while I crave her and desire to make love to her with every fiber of my being, what I want most is her to love me for the rest of my life and for us to be fully intimate.

I think by letting go of any expectation of sex and focusing on getting my head right, I will give my wife the space she needs to heal, and restore true intimacy.

If things really don't work out with my wife this also prepares me to re-engage in my next relationship with a focus on things that are important, attraction is one element but not the only or most important one!

June 1, 2018. Long time from now, but considering I've been PMO or MO every day that I haven't had sex for nearly 30 years, I have a lot of mental space to fill.

Jennica, kropo82, Kenzi and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Hey!!
    Just checking in!
    How are you?
    It seems like you are going in a positive direction.
    My SO Is doing a customized reboot also.
    3 years and 36 days.
    Its nice that you decided to increase your goals.
    I think you can do it!
    Keep up the good work!

Jennica likes this.
  3. ParvusSapentia

ParvusSapentia Fapstronaut

Hi thanks for checking up on me
    Can't say that life is easy or that each day I don't have doubts or fears or moments where tears overtake me, but week over week I'd say things are improving.

What the future holds I can't say or control... just focusing on my daily goals and being present in each moment, patient and kind to myself and my wife and kids.

We have an apointment with a couples therapist at the end of the month, and I think giving my wife space may slowly be letting her see the changes I've made. Still a long road ahead. One step at a time!

Kenzi likes this.
  4. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I'm glad about the steady slow improvement!
    Remember, even the smallest step forward isn't riding backwards!
    Good luck on your couples counciling!
    I hope to read many more positive posts!

5. arrow26

arrow26 Fapstronaut

exactly!

6. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

@ParvusSapentia, are you still journaling here anywhere?

Kenzi likes this.
  7. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Is he????