1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Needy people constantly wanting to hangout

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 23, 2017.

1. Anybody have any tips in this?
    I have a coworker that is hitting me up everyday, calling me multiple times. He call me to drink and smoke weed w him. The last time I was there he got really mad at me that I only stayed 1.5 hours instead of like 3-4 hrs like he wanted. Hanging there, there's nothing to do. He plays games and that's it. One player boring games like Life boardgame on xbox. He refuses to play 2 players bc he only likes to play by himself against computers. Like wtf, i dont jus wAnna sit there. I love smoking weed and drinking beer as the next guy but i wanna do something w it.

When I left last time, he became emotional and made a HUGE deal about me "leaving" early (bringing it up multiple times, trying to make me stay longer, and dragging chairs around loudly). Tbh, I don't want to hangout there anymore. It's fine and all, but I don't do anthing but sit there... I don't want to be rude to him but he's salty af constantly, lIke an emotional little girl. He's also 34-35 and I'm 20 yrs old. He's not creepy towards me like that and I don't care the age but he hits me up every day around midnight. I fall asleep around 11-1 bc I wake up early. I can't chill there bc he gets salty if I'm only there for 2 hours. It honestly pisses me off.

He has told me he has psychological problems and sees a psychologist. He works w me so I can't just say fuck it, or I could idk. I feel like hitting him up tomo bc he's gonna call me guaranteed at 11pm multiple times. I blew him off already and "feel bad" but not really. Just today he shot me a text, called me 4 times and left 2 voicemails. Like its so desperate...

2. I have a good amount of friends that I hangout with. They aren't desperate. They'll shoot me a text and if I don't respond that's it. I'm doing stuff or I'm simply not trying to chill with them. I feel like lying and saying I have summer class in the morning. But I'm trying to be more honest and be real w people.
    I don't want to say that hes boring and I don't want to sit there and do nothing for more than 1.5-2 hours. I get fucking bored sitting down starting at a TV screen. I used to, but especially on nofap it's not interesting. I'd rather be out somewhere at a bar or even just sober outside doing activities or the gym. Hell smoking weed and driving listening to music near the beach. Literally anything else. I shouldn't have chilled that first time bc he's slamming my phone everyday.
    He's told me that nobody chills w him bc he just doesn't like to do anything. So he's aware of his actions so it shouldn't come as any surprise to him. Seriously like if he would stop and let me play 2 player I might be able to stay there longer, even though that still wouldn't be fun for me. He has psychological problems so idk. Being there is not beneficial at all.

I chilled w another group of people and played board games at their house which is odd bc all my friends usually smoke weed and drink. But we all just played board games, smoked and drank. It was one of the best nights I've had in a while and there wasn't even girls there. See so it's not like I hate being indoors wasting time. It's just the people are better and I can actually DO SOMETHING. GODDAMMIT!!! This is more of a rant but any advice is appreciated. He's a nice enough dude I suppose. But he's not doing anything w his life, he's boring, he gets angry REALLY easily, and he is basically an alcoholic. And more importantly he's fake as fuck. Honestly somebody I am working to not be in life. Compete opposites. Somebody I don't want to associate w outside of work bc I don't want to end up like them. He's not going anywhere in life, and I want to do things. I want a career, family, etc. I'm 20, so not right now but you understand. I feel bad and feel I should hangout tomorrow just to make him feel better but he'll continue to hmu.. it's fucked

3. Texts like, "hey man what're you up to? Wanna chill? Last time you came over for an hour and half but it's fine." Like bitchass, you got a problem w me? Either say something straight up to me or suck it up and don't be an emotional little girl about it". Do something to improve your life except videogames, movies, and drinking.

This is a rant, I'm tired af

4. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

5. What about telling him that you don't want to be with him, cause he's very boring and you can't stand it?

6. Bro, stop using bitch and little girl as insults! Little girls are gorgeous and precious and not at all like this dude. And should you be driving and smoking?

I had a desperate as friend too. Pity hangs can only go on for so long. It's ok if they're occasional but on the daily is crazy! I ended up telling my friend that I just don't feel like chatting all the time and I need some space..but that was just a texting/calling problem, not a hanging out problem. If I was in your situation I'd say something in person: hey man, sorry I couldn't come out the other night. I'm getting super busy at the moment and it's hard to fit everything in. I can probably only hang out a couple of times a month out of work. Sorry man, I'm just trying to spend my time more productively and less time watching screens.

7. You're right. Didnt mean to insult little girls lmao. They're sweet, even though that's sounds creepy to type out. And yeah smoking weed and driving. I'm not drinking and driving. Thanks though :)

8. He has psychological problems. But fuck it I could.

9. Lmao

10. I think I might actually say that to the man

11. i'm sure it really depends on each situation, but the "fade" technique, while shitty to those who don't deserve it, may be one of the better ways to go. This is where you just slowly spend less and less time with somebody by making excuses to not hang out or someway similiar. I absolutely don't condone the fade for people in relationships as that is not fair to the other person wondering what the hell is going on. But for toxic people, the fade may be the least confrontational and best way of dealing with this. That's how I got rid of a toxic friend.. I have stories for days about a certain girl but that's for another day in another thread lol

But yo just remember you don't owe anyone anything. I wish I would've realized this much earlier when I removed that toxic friend. It's amazing how many amazing friendships come your way when you get rid of toxic people. I hope you do something about it because that guy does seem to weight you down bro.

12. Christis2strong

Christis2strong Fapstronaut

There is a saying: show me who your friends are and ill tell you who you are or who you aee soon to be. Flee!

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. Rockhold

Rockhold Fapstronaut

Him only wanting to play video games on his own terms is a red flag. He sound like the type of dude to go like ..."So ehm dude...*pulls down zipper a lil*..are you going to give me head or what?* Some people can be needy, but if it's fun to hang out it doesn't really matter in most cases.
    Keep your eyes peeled for this one though.

14. Rockhold

Rockhold Fapstronaut

I used to hang out with a few dudes that were gay and bi. For some reason (and yes I am straight don't go there) I attracted these people lmao. One of them had a car, we used to go to mall during breaks at school or we had one hour downtime because class subject (like advanced math or whatever) didn't go through, and we sat in his car. Dude was trying to see if I was on that level. Hell naw. And one guy works at a bank now, he tried to reach out but I ignored him, also because he was always so distant, our contract broke and now he wants to hear from me again. I ain't trying to hang out with dudes, I want me some chicks instead. Wasting my time and energy with dudes, fuck that.

15. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

If it's getting you down then it's not a friendship worth continuing.
    You don't have to do something just because someone says so.

You may feel bad about saying no. But sometimes that's what you have to do.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Rockhold

Rockhold Fapstronaut

Cue appropriate gay music.

17. Maybe he has a crush on you?

18. I really don't think so. He knows I'm straight bc the waitresses and I flirt a lot around him

19. You could initiate doing stuff you like. Some people are just scared to try something new because they don't know what the other will like.
    Or tell him that next time you wanna bring some people around as well.
    If you really want out, then you could just dump the new guys on him :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

20. Those last 2 sentences though is the TRUTH