1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

MGTOW wtf?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sozboss92, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Sozboss92

Sozboss92 Fapstronaut

Hey guys! I was wondering, what do you think of MGTOW? If you don't know what it is, you can Google it. It's no secret that our society has issues. But I've always been of the opinion that the truth lies somewhere between two extreams. What are your thoughts?

Agent likes this.
  2. Hezeru

Hezeru Fapstronaut

human brain is like cats brain, we're all individuals

Takeyourfreedom and Aiyoshi like this.
  3. Ali613

Ali613 Fapstronaut

What's up with you guys and MGTOW.

MGTOW is a direct response to the Radical Feminism that's been going on . Why is it always a problem when men construct a rights group , but when women do it, it's ignored .

I have adopted the MGTOW and NOFAP lifestyles .

It's like a HARD RESET , just like how you were when your were in grade 3-4.

I feel like life is a lot easier when women aren't in the picture .

4. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

I agree with the first part of what @Ali613 said, feminism is the real issue tbh, its ruining society at an exponential rate.

Fat Boy, Aiyoshi and Sozboss92 like this.
  5. Dake1963

Dake1963 Fapstronaut

I am MGTOW and NoFap as well. I feel that both go together pretty well.

Fat Boy and brassknucks like this.
  6. Born_For_War

Born_For_War Fapstronaut

I think MGTOW is f*** awesome. It's a principle that should be adopted by the majority of male Fapstronauts. Misogyny is different, it's not in accordance with NoFap's "sex positive" philosophy, and I am definitively sex positive.

MTGOW is about independence from sexual desire, it does not imply hatred of women.

I have nothing but good things to say about MGTOW. Ask me and I shall explain more, if anyone cares to hear it.

Fat Boy and brassknucks like this.
  7. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Vir.. virile... virtue. I don't think you want to think of MGTOW as somehow a man's movement... as something equal and opposite, or reactionary to feminism. Nope, all mass movements are unmanly. The true MGTOW is someone how will realize his own freedom and dignity. He may then, at a later date, from a position of strength, decide to have a woman in his life or not.

It depends on how you interpret MGTOW, and whether you can separate the wheat from the chaff.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  8. There are two sides to MGTOW. There is a type of MGTOW man that is simply being rational and careful about life, because he has a reason to. Many things in our society can seriously fuck man's life up if he is not careful about them and a lot of women use the advantages they have with bad intentions. So a lot of MGTOW philosophy makes sense. But then there is also that other side of MGTOW. It attracts a lot of sexist and misogynistic men as well as weak "beta males". Many men that are hurt in a past by women or have failed with women turn to MGTOW as way to justify them being upset at women or as a way to cover up their lack lack of testicles and understanding of how to interact with women. Also a lot of women hating and sexist men turn to MGTOW as a way to justify their way of thinking.

Same goes for feminism. There are some real issues of gender equality still left to deal with in world that feminism can work on. But there are also a lot of men hating and sexist women that use feminism as an excuse to spread their toxicity and as a way how to get that female privilege. Has nothing to do with gender equality and has everything to do with misandry and promotion of matriarchy.

So I guess it depends what you focus on. Personally I would never call myself MGTOW because the label brings unpleasant taste in my mouth. I associate them with sexist and misogynistic man. Just the same way I associate feminism with crazy men hating. Obviously it's not what any of those two are supposed to be. But that's what my mind first thinks of when I hear those terms.

9. I think people have an acronym addiction.

10. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Here's my two cents.
    MGTOW has two sides.
    One has some good points... The other is a "beta-hating women objectifing misogynistic jerk clan"
    Feminism has two sides.
    The old idea of feminism was good.
    For about ten years.
    New wave feminism? Horrible.
    "Man hating money grubbers",
    If it was still so good.... MGTOW wouldnt be a thing.
    Some dumbass ran away with the original idea of feminism.
    And some tweedledee followed.
    Who's the bigger fool?
    The fool or the fool who follows the fool?
    But then after with MGTOW, Some fool ran away and some tweedledum followed and turned That into something not so good either.
    Now we have two sides to what started out as both, eh, okay ideas.... Both icky.
    (yes, icky)
    People take it Waaaayyy too far.
    This side, That side.
    Here's the thing.
    We live in a world with more than two sides now.

I'm an Infinitist.

And I'm just waiting for some tweedledip to turn that upside down..... Because it's the basis of human nature.
    You are either the light side of your fight or the dark.

No point arguing about it constantly.
    It's childish.

The point of NoFap is to heal.
    That's why everyone should come together. (the common goal)
    It's like using a AA support group but dividing because half of you are Republican and half of you are Democrat.
    Its simply Irrelevant to the healing process.

Abdal, Rebooter45674, Aiyoshi and 5 others like this.
  11. Sozboss92

Sozboss92 Fapstronaut

"MTGOW is about independence from sexual desire, it does not imply hatred of women."

This is my interpretation of the movement. With that said, what purpose do women serve? We are two sexes. Clearly both have roles to play.

12. Genji

Genji Guest

Some people may don't like this movement, but I've seen many guys who were much happier after they joined MGTOW. I guess, everyone needs to decide for themselves. They don't hurt anyone, after all, they stick to themselves.

Fat Boy and Sozboss92 like this.
  13. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

14. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

Chilvary > MGTOW

Wave Surfer 2.0 likes this.
  15. Dake1963

Dake1963 Fapstronaut

I really don't think that "MTGOW is about independence from sexual desire." Independence form sexual desire is perhaps the aim of some men on NoFap (including myself) who see NoFap as a very long-term thing, rather than just a 90-day reboot.

I see MIGTOW as more of a way to emotionally isolate oneself from women, or at least the particular group of women that we would normally have romantic relationships with. So it is protecting ourselves financially and emotionally.

Some MIGTOW men are quite open about using prostitutes or one-night stands, so it is really an emotional thing, rather than sexual imho.

As for MIGTOW being misogynist, perhaps some of them are, and that is an unfortunate obsession, because there are better things to use one's mental energies on. But I think it is important to distinguish between men expressing their anger and frustration (perhaps in politically incorrect terms) rather than actual hatred of women.

If I say 'women are fucking bitches', then it might be because I have an unhealthy obsession with hating women, or it might just mean that I have had a particularly bad experience and I am expressing my anger in a way that is not common among people who take sociology classes at universities.

Rebooter45674 and Aiyoshi like this.
  16. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

I teach sociology.

17. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

I have watched some videos by MGTOW youtubers and to be honest, I was shocked. It's in no way better than radical feminism. It's just the answer to it. Feminism and MGTOW are very similar concepts. Both fault the opposite gender for the mistakes that only a minority of that gender makes. I'd stay away from both feminism and MGTOW. Both are in my opinion sexist movements that try to put all wrong goings on the opposite gender.

@Buss Lightyear
    Great post. Completely agree. A man does what he feels is right and follows that and doesn't follow a movement.

Abdal, Rebooter45674, Aiyoshi and 3 others like this.
  18. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Celibacy + Misogyny = MGTOW. Seriously, such a level of hatred is rare, even on the internet. They hate women and they make no secret about it. It's just a bunch of bitter men.

Aiyoshi likes this.
  19. NF104534

NF104534 Guest

I'm not a fan of movements like MGTOW or Alpha/Beta bullshit. In my opinion there are only two types of men and those are ones of virtue or ones of vice, since it's these two things which show the quality of the man's heart. The part that truly matters most.

Aiyoshi and Red Eagle like this.
  20. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

I have another term for them. Not men.