1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Love Dare Challenge

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Deleted Account, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Only three...lmbo

2. I do this on the daily sans the charity part.

3. Day 6: Love is not irritable

Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.

Click like :emoji_point_down: below when you have completed the challenge...

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Day 7: Love believes the best

For today’s dare get two sheets of paper. One the first one spend a few more minutes writing positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with the negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and a plan for each. Sometime through the remainder of the day, Pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having that characteristic.

5. Day 8: Love is not jealous

Determine to become your spouses biggest fan and reject any thoughts of jealousy. To help you set your heart on your spouse and focus on their achievements, take yesterday’s list of negative attributes and discreetly burn it. Then share with your spouse how glad you are about a success he or she recent enjoyed.

6. Hey there @Broken3, I've just got to day 6. I don't understand what this means =>
    What is "adding margin to a schedule"?
    :emoji_confused:

Kenzi likes this.
  7. My guess is it has to do with time management and not overscheduling yourself with things like work. Adding a margin is like adding a gap or break where you can focus on the other person. That’s my guess simply because I know I get irritatable when I have a full schedule and then have to shift my focus to something else or someone else. Also sometimes my motivation for being overscheduled is to avoid certain things that need to be focused on.

8. I believe @SOB is correct. I personally thought that day seemed slightly scattered where all the others were more straight forward. Idk?

9. @broken and @SOB, thanks for explaining that.

"Adding margin" is more about planning little moments of peace throughout the day to talk with one's spouse, rather than borrowing money from a broker to buy stocks and shares. ;)

Sorry, it was just an usual expression - but your explanation makes sense, especially considering the whole idea of having a "not irritable" day.

Senkju all! :)

10. Day 9: Love makes good impressions

Think of a specific way you’d like to greet your spouse today. Do it with a smile and enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them.

Click like :emoji_point_down:below when you have completed the challenge...

11. Day 10: Love is unconditional

Do something out of the ordinary today for your spouse - something that proves out (for you and them) that your live is based on your choice and nothing else. Wash her car. Clean the kitchen. Buy his favorite dessert. Fold the laundry. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in marriage.

Click like :emoji_point_down:below when you have completed the challenge....