1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Learning a skill

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Floweringlife, Jan 25, 2018.

1. I was triggered and wanted to relapse and am still a bit triggered if I think about certain things but it’s reallt helping that I opened an app that’s helping me learn a language instead and it’s getting my brain distracted. I tried calling some friends before that cuz I’m lonely but they couldn’t talk. I’m happy I found something else to do and am enjoying learning.

2. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Lots of people here like to distract themselves from the urges by doing something positive. It sounds like you have found a great way to do that. One note though, sometimes it is useful if the replacement positive activity is not screen based, is physically active, and maybe even outside in the fresh air.

3. Thanks yes that is a good point. You are right. I haven’t found it a problem so far because it feels like it is just switching my brain into a different mode which helps but yes you are absolutely right. I will work on getting out more. I do have an active job so sometimes I’m resting and having screen time. I have made some good progress and have some accountability and it has been helping and I’ve been going about 2 weeks now without relapse.

kropo82 likes this.
  4. diogo431509

diogo431509 Fapstronaut

I play chess online. A bit boring but it's a good distraction.

Floweringlife likes this.
  5. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Cooking is the new skill I've been picking up on and perfecting and it's therapeutic and fun

Floweringlife likes this.