1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing myself as well as I need guidance

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by rae19, Nov 30, 2023.

1. rae19

rae19 New Fapstronaut

Hi Everyone !

I am 23 years old and new to NoFap and it's a boon for me to find out this website through a youtuber. I am a PMO addict since 2012 and I want to quit this addiction to begin a new journey of my life.

This addiction has made my mind extremely poor in focus, memory and clear thinking. It has even made my body and libido weak. It made my confidence and self esteem to drop down to such an extent that I can't talk to women confidently. My view on women has changed a lot due to this addiction. Every single time I see a girl in short clothes, it makes me sexually aroused, which I don't have control over.

Even a single glimpse of erotic image or video makes me extremely sexually aroused which I hate a lot.

I tried many ways to quit this but I continuously failed.

So, it's my appeal to the experienced fapstronauts and all the community members to help me quit this.

Please give me tips.

2. Trainee

Trainee Fapstronaut

Hello, reddsky. Welcome to the community! One tip I have to share is looking for the root cause in this addiction and going after that. For me, it was poor stress management. The times that I have relapsed, I realized that I was turning to PMO as a way to escape stress. Even further, I would find myself more likely to relapse if I was undergoing high amounts of stress. So in recognizing this, I'm now working on training myself to manage stress in much better ways, like meditating, or going for a walk. I'm experimenting if you will with different tactics to resolve the root cause. I'm finding a better solution to the problem I've been avoiding, and I encourage you to do the same! I encourage you to journal, and reflect on yourself every day. I encourage you to dig deep and to seek out the real reason behind this addiction. Maybe it's been stress for you too. Maybe it's boredom. Whatever it may be, I strongly encourage you to seek out the root cause behind this addiction, and then work on better ways to satisfy it. If we don't work on better ways to manage our stress, or better ways to cure our boredom than PMO, then our bodies will only ever know PMO when faced with that root problem again. So it is very important that we rebuild ourselves and train ourselves to do something better than PMO when we are stressed, or bored, or whatever it is we are going through. It won't be easy, and it will take grit, but it absolutely will be worth it. One last thing I'd like to share with you is that it's okay to be attracted to women. I agree, we need to recreate our view on women, but I want you to also remember that it's a good thing to be attracted to women. The problem is not that you are attracted to women, that in itself is not a problem. The issue is things like viewing women as objects, sexualizing women, our lack of self-control, watching other people have sex on a screen. Sex can be a good thing too, and I just wanted to remind you of that. The goal is sexual morality and self control. It's about doing what you know deep down in your soul is the right thing. I really hope this advice is found to be helpful in some way for you! I hope for the best for you and want you to know that we support you on your journey!

Jefe Rojo and rae19 like this.
  3. Trainee

Trainee Fapstronaut

I meant rae19* lol I'm not sure where reddsky came from

4. rae19

rae19 New Fapstronaut

Haha, yeah I changed my username. And thank you so much for the support and tips.

Trainee likes this.