1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm getting angry too often

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Day 5✅
    Got extremely angry yesterday and made a big mistake by arguing with my aunt. I'm really regretting it now. These withdrawal effects will cause very much harm to me may Allah protect me from such behaviors.
    I don't know what to do for this anger. I want to manage it. I want to get rid of it. Can someone please help me with this? I need help I don't want my mind blow every time I hear something irritating etc.

BreakingBarriers and Linerider like this.
  2. I used to suffer greatly from anger growing up, but I have learned some ways to deal with it. You must learn not to take things so seriously, very few things are worth being angry about I have come to realize. When you catch yourself becoming angered, take a deep breathe and let all of the hate flow out, acknowledge the situation and ask yourself whether it's truly something to stay upset about. Overtime this will become habitual and you will not struggle as much. Have the genuine desire to change and it slowly will happen.

3. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I definitely get anger problems, especially in the first week or two of a streak. It will pass. Probably best to avoid stessful situations (and people!) for a week or two, if possible.

4. One tip that has helped me from a therapist is to pick a random number and count backwards. It seems to distract my mind from what is angering me and focus on something else.

5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I've heard the two things that help with anger are regularly working out and meditating.

6. NoFap has definitely made me more assertive at the expense of making my temper more volatile. Hoping to rein myself in before I do or say something irrational again. About a month into my current streak, I lost my temper and got into a fight. It was pretty nasty but I held my own. All of that pent up energy made me an entirely different man in the heat of the moment.