1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm frustrated with shallow friendships

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Also, pro tip: if you don't want to come across like you're just throwing out unhelpful insults, you probably should post comments like this first, instead of just saying "you're probably needy." Doesn't come across the same way at all. It's not exactly easy to try to advise someone and have them listen and appreciate your advice when you start out that way.

Just a little tip for the future, if you want to have better interactions with people.

2. I wouldn't feel too bad about these people not replying to your texts.... People get so busy, sometimes its just too much to handle. I know for me, I don't make an effort to keep in touch with my extended relatives. I just keep in touch with my mom, dad, and brother... just my immediate family.

Maybe this is not good on my part... but there just isn't enough time in the day to do all the things I'd like to do. Especially if these people you are texting are working full time.

If these people you are texting do not have busy schedules, then yea I agree they are annoying and pretty fake to not respond to you. But if they have really busy schedules, they probably just don't have the emotional bandwidth to help another person.

Its like the story of the good samaritan.... first the priest and law doctor walk past the injured person... and then the good samaritan comes along and helps

People are just too busy, which I believe throws them into a state of stress, which then takes away some of their compassion.

I know at my work, when things get stressful, either really busy or something goes wrong... that this is when arguments happen between people. When things are calm and there is free time, everyone is smiling.

But when the stress comes... it gets hard. And I don't blame the people who are getting stressed out. I blame the system that perpetuates the normality of this stress

3. That's kind of a weird example to use, because the point of that passage is that the first two people were condemned by Jesus as not loving their neighbor. So the excuse that they were "too busy to help" is seen as a bad thing, not a valid excuse.

It's also noteworthy that the person who did end up helping was a Samaritan. The man he was helping was implied to be a Jew, and the Jews looked down on Samaritans. They were discriminatory toward them. So even though this man was probably his enemy, or possibly didn't treat his people well, he still helped, and he was the example of how we should live.

I get what you're saying about people being busy, but I just think that's not the case here. It's not like I was asking people to give me advice or care for me in some way that would take time. All I expected in response was a simple "I'm sorry for what you're going through, and I'll be praying for you." That takes 5 seconds of someone's day. If you're too busy for that, then you need to organize your life better or something, because that's pretty crazy.

It's just annoying because back when we used to have Bible study together, we all texted each other with prayer requests all the time and like everybody responded. But now it's like I just don't matter anymore or something. It's really weird, and super atypical for this group of people, so it's hard not to take it personally.

100 Days likes this.
  4. Dr.J_76ers

Dr.J_76ers Fapstronaut

This was such a dilemma to me only a few weeks ago. I was walking down the street eating a sandwich I bought, and this homeless lady asked if I had food to give. I just ignored her.

Limewhite likes this.
  5. I watched Hocus Pocus for the first and only time last night and I could not help but think that this scene reminded me about the dudes I was close with in high school.

The guys I hung out with weren't exactly as mean to people like how they are portrayed in the movie but they had very similar antics and did goofy stuff a lot of the time, they were assholes some times but they were genuinely fun to be around. Also, I will admit that I do laugh a lot like the blonde guy a lot.

6. Limewhite

Limewhite New Fapstronaut

Does anyone write poetry when he's alone?

In her eyes there is a dream and the sparkle of the moon,
    There are stars and love... love from God,
    Her eyes are beautiful and tender
    They always lead the way to the heart.

There's warmth and silence in her eyes,
    The light of her soul, her faith and peace
    And intoxicated, as if by wine,
    In her eyes you melt under the moon.

Her eyes are like stars and the moon
    Like sunbeams, like the wind in the field
    Her eyes are like a sweet dream
    I'm already in love, but I just met