1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I hate seeing people happy.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by RedPillRebooter, Aug 14, 2017.

1. That's pretty f'ed up dude

2. Sometimes I hate couples too. Not really hate though but I avoid bumping into them in the streets

They remind me what I never had and what I always wanted. It's not a nice feeling. But I don't wish the others to be miserable. I somehow envy them

3. eadgbe

eadgbe Fapstronaut

I can relate to this sentiment. There was a period of my life (last winter) when I felt exactly like you do. Not only did I resent seeing other people in happy relationships, but I couldn't even listen to most popular songs, because most of them were love-themed and all of that reminded me of how lonely and bitter I was.

I'm still lonely, but now I know that it's mostly my own damn fault and I've come to terms with it. The next step is trying to gain control over my life, and nofap is one way.

4. OrangeJuice13

OrangeJuice13 Fapstronaut

What's up with y'all being negative as fuck? Instead of talking of support there are comments condemning a guy for experiencing what, to me, are normal feelings? And ranting about them on perhaps the only place where it is possible to do so. I've never seen you before this post red pill so I don't know how much accuracy is to what people are saying. But I used to glare at couples all the time, still do to some extent. One time there was an orientation session at uni and there was this hot girl I wanted to be my girlfriend and there was another guy talking to her and I was staring the fuck out of them for probably 20 seconds before I realized how creepy I must be looking at a fucking orientation session with people I'm supposed to become friends with.
    That was well before nofap started and while I still get pissed off at couples and their already-existing human connection while I'm sitting around alone as fuck, I have always found that taking the effort to improve myself, make myself a better more likeable person, makes me forget this feeling. It's not because other people like me more and therefore make me happy, hell, I don't even know if other people like me more, but I do know that I like myself more from it, and that makes me not care about other people's happiness because I am already happy about just being myself. And really I think the whole point of nofap is to learn how to love yourself in a healthy enough way so that, while you don't need love from others, you are still capable of feeling it and obtaining it i.e if you're jacking it every day to god knows what kind of nonsense, the latter would not be a possibility, I believe.

5. Well first of all you dont know if they are happy. Mostly its just a moment of laughts but they are miserable too. You are better than them. They just want to get some fun at life but it will no last long. You are the guy who creates a best version of yourself. You dont waste time partying. You live your own life and have your own purpose. You are better than them, just ignore others.