1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't know how to deal with loneliness in general

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Recovering In Christ, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Recovering In Christ

Recovering In Christ New Fapstronaut

I don't want to go into too many details, but I can't really go out much, I am stuck at home with mental health-related disability. I am working on recovery, but it's a long way to go.

I can't really function and find people out there at this time in my life, I hate to admit. So I'm stuck here. The internet is all I've got here for loneliness, but it's also one of the biggest sources of this addiction I'm trying to get away from.

And I don't seem to connect well with people in general, even online.

Anyway, I just thought I would say that here, since I have nowhere else to say it.

Fallensoldier1 and AUTiger7222 like this.
  2. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

I feel your pain. I don't get to go out much myself so the internet is all I've got. It sucks because it just makes things worse instead of making it better.

3. Beamer

Beamer Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

My Journal
    Hi guys,

Loneliness is something we all suffer from now and then, it's a part of life imho.
    But we can try to be active, even if your only way of interacting is the internet.

Try to find something in your life that you really can be passionate about, and replace pmo with it.
    I know it's not easy to do, but if you just think about "no pmo, no pmo, no pmo,..." all the time, it's just not gonna work, we need to replace this crap with meaningful and positive things.

Give it some thought, and ask yourself what activities you really like...

All my best, keep trying to make your life better, and please, never give up, never !

4. I hear you, man. I have a chronic and debilitating illness, so I don't get out much, and when I do I'm too exhausted to talk to girls or do the whole banter thing. I don't know what the solution is, man. I really don't. But I will tell you that you're definitely not alone in how you're feeling.

Fallensoldier1 likes this.
  5. ad vera amoris

ad vera amoris Fapstronaut

Sorry for your suffering. I relate.

2 missing ingredients for me:

Living alone.

Not working.

I think too much isolation is central. Especially in bed alone at night. I have no relationship, no family, have disconnected from friends.

That all contributed to Chat room addiction. It wasn't just sex. It was the interaction, being welcomed back, being remembered.

Creating consistent human connection is key. If not that, a pet.

We are not meant to be alone.

Hang in brother. Keep trying to de-isolate.

salvacion_a_888 likes this.