1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't believe anti depressants are placebo in my case.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skaterdrew, Jan 6, 2020.

1. fedmom

fedmom Fapstronaut

If you're suggesting that behavioural addictions can be cured without medication then please send me a link.

2. nofap.com

Kidding aside, you have yet to prove that addiction *can* be cured with medication. And that it doesn't cause more problems than it solves.

Also, the answer is no. I am not suggesting that behavioral addictions can be cured.

3. fedmom

fedmom Fapstronaut

I don't know if you're trolling now? Are you being serious?

4. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

From what I understand anything that significantly increases serotonin in the brain is going to be good for battling addiction.

Ironically SSRI anti depressants don't actually cause the gut or brain to produce more serotonin. They block the reuptake of serotonin. So they stop serotonin being sucked out synapses in the brain.

The synapse is where everything happens. If you have adequate levels of serotonin in synapses in the brain then this will likely improve mood and other mental health problems. See someone could actually have normal leves of serotonin in their body and brain, but not much serotonin in the synapse.

Things like 5htp ext actually cause the gut and brain to produce more serotonin. But like I said SSRI antidepressants don't actually cause the gut or brain to produce more serotonin, but they literally block serotonin from being sucked out the synapse.

This causes serotonin to be high in the brain in synapses in the brain basically all the time.

This is likely much more effective than just taking something that increases serotonin.

So yes logically when you think about it SSRI antidepressants are stopping normal brain function. But then again so are pain killers and many other legal and illegal drugs.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  5. Not at all. How did you arrive at that conclusion?

6. fedmom

fedmom Fapstronaut

I answered your question and then you said it's not proof somehow.

7. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

20mg

8. fedmom

fedmom Fapstronaut

Yes SSRI drugs are used mostly for depression. They also reduce fantasy for fetishes. I have another method without the use of drugs if interested.

Ὀρφεύς likes this.
  9. they actually `give` me fetishes!
    its weird , but as i know SSRI`s
    also
    numb my emotions for near 5 years seriously!
    make me psychotic, paranoid etc,
    and as i mention give me weird fetishes like incest fantasies....

btw i was taking them for nearly 18 years, :D
    since i was 5... i was feel like a drugstore :D