1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hubby’s first 90 days

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Jennica, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

I wanted to post here as it’s me posting so if he wishes I’ll let him post in success stories.

Today is the first 90 day milestone for no P&M. I’m truly proud of him and I see this as the best gift he could give to our marriage.
    We have had many up downs, our communication is progressing to the point that we have not perfect at times but mostly respectful dialogue together about almost everything now. We are closer, more in sync, have more security and trust.
    I am so happy to have my husband back and I see him becoming the man he wants to be and the man I always saw him capable of being.
    We are better at admitting our faults and failures and affirming each other’s strengths.
    I love you and proud of you @NF4L it’s no loner we can, we are doing this!

u376, Torn, Sunshadow and 10 others like this.
  2. NF4L

NF4L Fapstronaut

Thank you. It is a bitter sweet moment for me. On one hand it is great to reach this milestone, on the other it is still shameful that my actions and reliance on PMO brought this about. The toughest part was committing to a life free from P. In the beginning even taking a 7 day challenge seemed impossible. Cutting out P and M probably wasn’t going to happen, so I just focused on P. Without P I felt I didn’t need to M, so that naturally followed.

The toughest part was getting through the flatline. Not only was my junk numb, and felt like useless flesh, but my mind was just as apathetic. I know that part was rough, as it felt like we took a step back from sharing feelings and emotions or just being connected with one another. I understand now it is part of the struggle, and a necessary low point in the recovery.

I appreciate you being there with me through it. Pushing to get me to open up when my mind was shut down. Taking the time to listen to me, and support me, when I shared those deepest darkest places I went with my addiction. Most of all I am grateful you are still here with me, sharing intimate moments, being vulnerable with each other, and helping me with my recovery and sharing your burden of betrayal with me so I can also help US heal. I see enough of the struggle from other fapstronauts where their SO doesn’t want or can still be present with their PA through their journey due the betrayal trauma, and I can’t express enough how grateful I am to not only have the opportunity to heal these wounds I’ve created but to seek Comfort in your arms through out this struggle.

Here’s looking forward to the year(s) of NoFap, and the personal and relationship growth that comes from it! I am so happy to be here with you and share this journey with the community!

u376, Torn, Sunshadow and 11 others like this.
  3. Congratulations for both of you! This is great! Keep that great spirit!! Keep inspiring us!!

ItsNeverTooLate, NF4L and Jennica like this.
  4. Not only is it awesome to hit that milestone, but the fact that you are both on these forums is such a great testimony to the rest of us. It is a beautiful picture of the companionship of marriage between a man and a woman. Awesome stuff guys, this post was very encouraging.

5. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Congratulations you guys :) :)

NF4L, Deleted Account and Jennica like this.
  6. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

Thank you to the moderators for moving this to the correct forum!

7. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Flippin’ heck you two: stop it, you’re making me cry!

Torn, NF4L, Kenzi and 1 other person like this.
  8. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

9. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

10. Torn

Torn Fapstronaut

Congratulations to both of you! You brought happy tears to my eyes! :)

Deleted Account and Jennica like this.