1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How far can I push it with my wife?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Celticwarrior16, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Celticwarrior16

Celticwarrior16 Fapstronaut

This my first ever attempt at a reboot and I’m on 90 day pmo reboot. I’m 23 days into it and going well but last night I made out with my wife for about an hour like when we were teenagers, hands on the back and above the waist (no first base), no further. I was aroused but under control and we both loved it. My wife feels that she felt closer to me then than she has done during intercourse recently. There was something very pure about it but.....

Cause I’ve never been here before I wanted to ask am I risking a relapse? If we keep doing this is it likely to escalate to o or worse??? Or is this healthy for the relationship?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. It depends on your goals.

Personally, my only goal in ridding my life of PMO is to create more intimacy with my husband. So if I were in your shoes, I would say theres absolutely nothing wrong with what you're doing with your wife! Other than that, if you get aroused and don't have sex, you might find yourself more tempted later to alleviate your arousal on your own.

I think this is a very personal question that honestly only you can answer, because it depends on what you're wanting to get out of this.

3. HonestyMatters

HonestyMatters Fapstronaut

I take it you mean no PMO - Hardmode, so no sex with your wife.

I'm going to attempt to tell you what I understand and hopefully you'll receive more advice from others too.

My husband is currently no PMO - Hardmode and is at Day 55.

We have wondered the same thing. Sometimes, even if we are just kissing and cuddling, he will get aroused (an erection) even if he's still fully clothed, not pressing himself against me and is not feeling like he needs or wants to take it any further. A few times he has also given me O through oral because he feels bad that I'm missing out and he has remained in control and has been no more aroused than if we were just kissing and cuddling.

Recently, we asked the same question just in case we shouldn't be doing this. We were advised that if he's getting aroused (as in an erection) that the arousal is quote "tantamount to edging and edging causes your brain to produce the chemical reactions that you are trying to refrain from for a period of time to recondition your brain"

So, we've decided to refrain from any physical contact that causes him to start getting aroused....just to be on the safe side. But lots of people probably view it differently. I hope this helps.

Best of luck and I wish you all the best with it!!

Celticwarrior16 and NF4L like this.
  4. NF4L

NF4L Fapstronaut

Congratulations on achieving 23 days of a reboot. It is no small feat. I personally did not do a hard mode reboot, and found much more comfort in my wife’s arms than I ever did through PMO abuse. There is something special about those make out sessions without expectations, and even just makes cuddling or mutual massages. I believe it is called oxytocin, the bonding chemical. This was crucial for me to continue on the path of sobriety, as I had a glimpse of what life could really be like without the constant drip of dopamine, and with true intimacy with my wife.
    As other SOs have said, you need to ask yourself those questions probably after every session to understand if it is hurting or hindering you. You want to ask your wife if it is helping your relationship. It would be good to engage her on the topic to build your intimacy and trust. I’m glad you are mindful of the repercussions or affects of it, so perhaps with that knowledge and awareness you can overcome your addictive tendencies. If you relapse, it would certainly be time to revisit your strategy and make changes.

5. Celticwarrior16

Thanks it really helps

6. Celticwarrior16

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate the help with this - flatlining big time over past few weeks so it’s hard to function but I really appreciate the answers and I think the thing to do is proceed carefully and slowly. The focus has been on me getting to 90 days but I really need to think more about rebuilding intimacy with my wife. I ve been so selfish in the addiction but at least I’m moving to a better place.

7. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Anything that is driving you two toward each other is a good thing!

8. 1dayattatime

1dayattatime Fapstronaut

After I was discovered at the end of 2017 I went 8.5 months without an orgasm. Eventually a couple months in we did hug and make out. Blue balls was a big issue for me when we started getting physical. But once I figured out how to calm that down it was much better. It felt awesome to show her that I wasn't an animal and I gained a lot of confidence in my self control. Way to go looks like you are at 41 days now!

9. Celticwarrior16

I just want to thank everyone who posted on here, I’m in awe that strangers would give me so much help and time.
    My wife cried last week because she had “never felt so loved” (I did make love to her but my wee man didn’t get involved). It just felt so natural. I’m so full of gratitude for you all, I wish you all every blessing in the next few days.

Deleted Account likes this.