1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How does someone socialize who doesn't know anybody?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Paulie G., Sep 13, 2022.

1. I'm having trouble understanding all of what you mean, but the part about being physical, I agree with.

2. ARCEUS

ARCEUS Fapstronaut

Oh it could be because I used way too many short forms, except that, I think I have written in simple language only

3. If English isn't your native language, I wouldn't take short cuts when you write. It won't make sense.

4. ARCEUS

ARCEUS Fapstronaut

Okay for clarification, cuz means 'because', imp means 'important' and 'acc' means 'according'.

5. highinhibition

highinhibition Fapstronaut

pay them money and they will be your friends,
    buy them lunch
    you get social relationship and they get money
    if you have high status people will automatically come to you but if you dont you have to pay them money

beat_it likes this.
  6. I moved in the last 10 years twice. Not just another city but another country too and I didn’t even speak the language. Joining a language school is a good start.
    I joined to the expacts in the city always. Well on social media, but you can avoid it with meetup… it is a website

Also joined to sport club and went to learn dance - salsa/tango/nia whatever…
    Also my hobby helped a bit and my dog too.
    Go and join to the course where you can learn something new… I dunno learn to write or bake or cook or playing chess/baseball / jogging/biking/reading/dancing/meditating/praying.
    Whatever makes you happy!

7. Yogi24

Yogi24 New Fapstronaut

I was in the same situation and I took up a VFX class for 12 weeks. There I had the opportunity to meet new people and I ended up making 2 friends and 1 acquaintance.
    Try taking up a course that you might be interested in.
    I understand it is a bit expensive way to make friends but it worked for me in a new city where I felt like a fucking loser for not having any friends

toziko likes this.
  8. beat_it

beat_it Fapstronaut

If you see someone you would like to be friends with, approach the person, tell them your name, tell them that you would like to be their friend and ask for their phone number, social media contact or however they do it where you're at. You'd be surprised how effective that strategy can be. But of course, your self-esteem has to be high enough to handle rejection.