1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How cold is your cold shower?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Happy Gnome, Nov 8, 2017.

1. I'm soft. I think I'd go into shock with the kinds of cold showers described here.

I'll bet Mr. Happy doesn't like these at all.

rostronaut likes this.
  2. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    rostronaut likes this.
  3. I hope y'all don't make yourself sick with how cold you're going lol. I alternate between cold and hot in the shower. Cold at first to wash my hair and then hot the rest of the time.

rostronaut likes this.
  4. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    @Nomar sounds great. Have you tried also then ending it cold. That's half the fun, imo. Stepping out into a wam room from a frigit wasteland of no mercy. Then, the rest of the day I can fell like taking anything on :)

rostronaut and Knighthawk like this.
  5. My water comes from a well on my property and I have high water pressure. Most of the year it is at first jarring but then pretty nice... but in the winter it gets so cold as to give me brain freeze... my skull feels like it will explode. As yet I have not been able to fight through that. I assume those guys swimming in the arctic ice are swimming in colder water and can deal with it...
    Not sure I have a thermometer that goes that low.... but will check

rostronaut and AshitaNoMe like this.
  6. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    @JackStrident so don't put your head in? I have to start like that a lot of times, one arm at a time, etc.

Your description sounds like @AshitaNoMe's picture :)

rostronaut and AshitaNoMe like this.
  7. sakeen

sakeen Fapstronaut

As cold as I can make it! Sometimes I have ice cold baths too if I'm feeling extra lazy and need to be shocked into being a fully conscious human being :emoji_astonished:.

rostronaut and vxlccm like this.
  8. witchhunt3r

witchhunt3r Fapstronaut

I live in Hawaii so my showers never get that cold even in the winter RIP

9. Shohrat Shankar

Shohrat Shankar Fapstronaut

are you kidding

10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Maybe it's a tad low of an estimate, but the water gets quite cold, at least for me. For sure below 15 degrees

rostronaut likes this.
  11. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

I really like doing it, but throughout winter I always feel sick the day after :/

12. Yanis

Yanis Fapstronaut

I live in Germany and the water coming out of the pipe actually has 11 degree Celcius which is 52 degree Fahrenheit.
    To me the water feels icy. This makes the shower very refreshing. I don't want to miss my daily cold shower.

I use some small timer-clock. After 2 minutes it beginns to peep. These peeps help me a lot to continue the shower because I know it's the third and last minute.
    If cold showers help me to control the urges - I don't know. Maybe. At least they make me feel healthy.

13. I live in Canada. My shower head throws ice cubs at me.

Awakeatlast and AshitaNoMe like this.
  14. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

As cold as it will go.

As wim hof says, BREATH MOTHERFUCKER

15. You don't use any hot water?

16. Not cold enough at the moment! Even though I use no hot water. It does improve in winter, though it's nothing like you can get in a colder climate.

I think setting up a Glycol Cooling System to the cold water would be a great idea at this point! :)

17. There is a black and white movie with Paul Newman, i forgot which, where to help recover from a hangover, he dunks his head in a sink full of water filled with ice cubes. I am not sure what kind of sink would fill enough to fit my head in.... not any I have seen save a kitchen sink... but I have considered getting a large bucket. This would put the edge back on the not so cold showers in Summer, and perhaps might be a way to get multiple thermal shocks a day... I have never taken multiple cold showers in a day... but I have often thought it would be a good idea.... but it becomes a time problem... if I am just dunking my head it's not as big of a deal...

I have a big head. I need a big bucket.

18. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I usually alternate between hot and cold throughout the shower

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Since it is Winter time, I have quit cold showers for now. I'll get back to it when Spring time comes and it starts warming up again.

20. You still get benefits ending your warm shower with a cold shot as long as you can stand.... about 5 seconds for me... it's -10 outside :D

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.