1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How cold is your cold shower?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Happy Gnome, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Left a bucket full of water outside overnight. Used it to take a shower with my handy portable shower pump outside after a morning run. The water was 38 degrees Fahrenheit. :D

Anyone else measure the water temperature of their cold showers?

2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Mine just comes out the tap, so i'm not sure. But when there's ice in that bucket, then there's not enough salt ;)

rostronaut and Yanis like this.
  3. AshitaNoMe

AshitaNoMe Fapstronaut

DON'T CARE
    TURN ALL THE WAY DOWN
    [​IMG]

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

But in all seriousness, I believe the lowest my water goes is around 4-5°C, so usually around there

rostronaut likes this.
  5. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

As cold as I can. The shower thing is a good idea! I sometimes bath with my girlfriend in a water tank outside.
    Until it gets warm, so for quite a bit. It's a fenomenal way of starting the day! :)
    /Baldur

rostronaut, Raven1992 and DIYAS1 like this.
  6. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Exactly - always as cold it can go. So, now that the weather is cooling down, that's pretty cold. I leave it on low, though, and gradually step in. This is usually 15 minutes or so for me, unless I'm in a crazy hurry. One problem is the soap is hard to wash off in the colder water, not sure on the chemistry there (or maybe it's just kinematics). Either way, once I've chilled properly, urges are basically vaporized and I'm ready to slay any dragons in my path.

7. Yeah, my water gets unbelievably cold during the winter months. To the point where it could send me into shock!

8. Yanis

Yanis Fapstronaut

Actually the water coming out of the tap here in Germany is about 15 degrees Celsius. Feels refreshing cold. But we still have autumn, not winter. In summertime it was about 20 C. My showering time is 2-3 minutes.

rostronaut and MLMVSS like this.
  9. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I don't measure the temp, but I have definitely noticed heading into our Australian summer the tap water is just not that cold anymore...

Going in the ocean in the morning is probably more like a cold shower from now on, or perhaps I will chuck some ice in a bucket of water but that's not feasible every day lol

rostronaut and MLMVSS like this.
  10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yeah, mine fluctuates depending on the day, more in the summer also, though our summers aren't all that hot, so it usually stays around 4-8

rostronaut, 2525 and Reborn16 like this.
  11. Spuggy

Spuggy Fapstronaut

I never find a cold shower really helps, maybe im not maing it cold enough, or it could be im from the north of the uk and it is always cold, so we learn to be turned on in the cold

rostronaut and pranav02 like this.
  12. I turn on cold water only. I hate being cold but I like how my eyes pop open like a cartoon character. It makes me ready for the day. Its been cold recently so I find it crazy that after I get out of the shower my skin looks like its steaming (Only happened once and it was very light, but I still felt like a mythical hero). My wife doesn't believe in heaters I guess.

deyocbx and rostronaut like this.
  13. Asier

Asier Fapstronaut

Cold showers actually work? I don’t think I’ve actually tried one. Do they help with urges or something? Does it have to be pretty cold?

deyocbx and rostronaut like this.
  14. LonerWolf

LonerWolf Fapstronaut

Concur

rostronaut and AshitaNoMe like this.
  15. That's a negative deputy I just take showers at the coldest dial!

rostronaut likes this.
  16. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I'm the same way too. It doesn't get awfully warm where I am, and I'm also used to colder water from lakes/etc. I found alternating between hot and cold to work well for me. It gives me the element of shock.

Depends. Most people it does work because it teaches your conscious mind to control your body. The last thing most people want to do is take a cold shower; the body doesn't like it. When you do, you go against the body, which helps in the fight against addiction/habits. Cold showers also tend to lower urges due to reasons such as this.

rostronaut and Asier like this.
  17. Jocker

Jocker Fapstronaut

It's winter time so my cold shower is really cold :)

rostronaut and Deleted Account like this.
  18. Take a break with cold shower often for a day or 2 it can cause you a stomach flu just saying :) keep it up buddys

rostronaut likes this.
  19. nginx2

nginx2 Fapstronaut

Well, If I was super skinny, and the water temperature was just above freezing point, I wouldn't turn it down all the way. If your inner body temperature becomes lower than 35 degrees Celsius you'll risk a thermal shock... So the normal temperature is 37 degrees Celsius. Your hands are usually about 25 degrees to 30 degrees and if 4 degrees water flows over them, the flowing blood will be cooled and the cooler blood will be transported back and absorb heat from the inside.

Cold showers are not about enduring extreme temperatures, but they are about getting you uncomfortable, out of comfort zone.
    If you want to go super cold, make sure it's only a few seconds. You can't do a full 3-5 minutes shower with 4 degrees cold water. If you swam in water at freezing temperature, you would very likely die from hypothermia within 15 minutes. Make it just as cold to push you out of comfort zone.

20. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    p.s. That's some serious primitive beast business.

@nginx2 what you say makes sense. be safe. but, we can often handle a lot more abuse than we realize. never know till you try. work up to it sounds like a fine idea, though.

rostronaut and Deleted Account like this.