Help with night anxiety/swirling thoughts

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ILoathePwife, Jan 1, 2019.

1. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

I recently found a meditation podcast that really helped me one night when I was having a ton of anxiety. I woke up at about 4 a.m. with a lot of anxiety and swirling, out of control thoughts. I tried talking to my husband (who works nights but was home and therefore awake at that time) but, no fault of his, it didn't help. My anxiety was too out of control to be relieved by talking and I was afraid I was going to end up exploding at him, which wouldn't help our relationship any.

I remembered I'd added a podcast to my podcast player on my phone. It's called Meditation Oasis and one of the episodes was called "Wee Hours Rescue - Go Back to Sleep." I listened to it and it really did help pull me out of the horrible anxiety. The next one started and it was called "Whole Body Relaxation" and that helped me a lot too. After that I actually felt relaxed and fell back asleep! That's huge. A lot of times when I wake up like that I'm just up for the day. There's also ones called "Autogenetic Relaxation for Sleep" and "SOS Meditation for Anxiety" that I haven't tried yet.

If you have any issues with night anxiety I highly recommend giving it a try!

SomeRandomNatty, Hros and Asgardian36 like this.
  2. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

Quick question: do you use Spotify?

There is a guy from New York that has hypnosis and guided meditation tracks that I use on occasion that I've found quite useful, and he's on Spotify.

The guy is Michael R Pekor and you could probably find if you do a search.

3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Sounds interesting, thanks for the suggestion :)

4. SomeRandomNatty

SomeRandomNatty Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing, I have the same problem