1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Having a crush for 3 years - This needs to stop

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Feb 18, 2017.

1. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

Yeah i know it is hard to find both but u have to stay patient

HopefulChristian likes this.
  2. raza3051

raza3051 Fapstronaut

Pluto, i had crush on gir

3. raza3051

raza3051 Fapstronaut

Pluto, I had crush on a girl in school. She became my friend and nothing more than that.Then we went to different colleges and she took engineering as her University graduation course. I never had interest in engineering,but I took it so that I remain atleast equal to her.I suffered and fsaled too coz of lack of interest.I regret that decision.She doesn't even ccare for my existance.I wanted to do something big in life just so that she starts noticing me which put extra pressure on me.Regret it.You wont believe, but it weng for like 10 years and all I cared about getting a chance to talk to her,impress her etc.Now since I got to know tjat she is getting married, I felt very bad but may b now this would bring me close r to myself where I will know my own choices for my life rather than choosing somethung that can impress a girl.

HopefulChristian likes this.
  4. Overfloweth

Overfloweth Fapstronaut

Hey there my friend @Pluto This sucks...I don't need to tell you that. I'm no expert but, couple of things I'd say...

You mention OCD - has this been clinically diagnosed? Real OCD is an anxiety disorder caused by a neurological brain-chemistry imbalance. Read this and if it sounds likely, seek professional advice:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-...sessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd/#.WPWct4HTWEc

Alternatively, and more likely, you may have some form of psychological love addiction. Something similar took over my life for 5 years too - self diagnosed - which became very self destructive. Do you recognise any of these characteristics:

http://www.slaauk.org/is-slaa-for-me/characteristics-of-sex-and-love-addiction/

Good news is, whatever the cause, you can overcome this. It depends how seriously this is affecting your life, but I'd say the most effective way is to seek medical advice, counselling, or at least try SLAA where you can meet and share with others - they have books too if that's easier. It's far more difficult to tackle this alone.

Good luck buddy and always be kind to yourself. With love.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  5. The feels on this post are too damn high. This kind of shit sucks and I kinda know what that feels like. That gut wrenching emptiness on the inside where you just keep simulating conversations and interactions that will never be.

6. I forgot I wrote this. Therapy is helpful

7. I don't agree with this. Because if we erase how will we ever learn? "History is doomed to repeat itself"

8. Ooooh I totally recommend writing in a diary! The more busier you are the less it will be updated -- but not such a bad thing, yeah? It isn't OCD or maybe it was but I'd used to completely rewrite notes because they didn't look "neat enough"
    I was also extremely stressed during that time I'm not sure why :/ It just came back to me but I would gag from the stress I think. I was so young too -- what did I have to be stressed about?
    Ha that reminds me of The Virgin Suicides, a movie by Sofia Copla (?) Coopla?

9. ugh so many typos. C'mon. Unless, is English not your first language?