1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a date this weekend

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 4, 2018.

1. I have a date ready for the weekend. I'm pretty excited about it actually. Nofap has completely changed everything. I feel like a different person. My depression is eradicated. My anxiety is gone. I still get stressed about things, but that will get better as I keep going. The crazy thing is this kind of just came to me. I mean, I asked her out on a date, but I didn't even have to make any moves on her at first. She texted me first and I've been talking to her ever since. I made a post about it the other day.

Here I am 17 days in. This is by far my longest streak. I've been lifting weights, eating more calories, drinking a gallon of water a day, and now I have a date and I have a good feeling about it. NoFap really will change your fucking life. I always kind of had doubts about it, which is part of the reason I kept relapsing, but it really is true. All you have to do is quit pmo and start doing something with your life and everything will change. It's insane really. Here's to a new life.

dylian, ZelCikal, silenteagle and 6 others like this.
  2. Its always nice when they make the first move enjoy yourself

hardowner likes this.
  3. That's for sure. I'm a little nervous actually haha. That's normal I suppose.

4. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

Keep her panties for trophy. Photo or never happened... :D

ZelCikal and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Its very normal have fun

6. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Good job and keep doing what you're doing.

The goal isn't to erase anxiety / depression / stress. There will always be times when you have to face those emotions depending on life's circumstances. The goal is to be able to face them and handle them in a positive manner. To responsibly choose how to perceive and react towards them in a way that benefits you in the long run. It worries me when people try so hard to completely erase those emotions. Then when they feel even a tiny amount of it, they completely shut down and want to escape reality entirely because in their mind it's not supposed to happen to them anymore. Negative emotions are normal when you're attempting to reach for something beyond your current grasp and outside your current comfort zone. It's like lifting weights. You go through the resistances of life and you get stronger. So the old stuff that bothered you isn't so bad anymore, but you also should keep striving for more strength... which means you'll face more resistance and potential negative emotions.

As for your date. It's meant to be a curious exploration. Think of it like you're a child again. In a playground. You spend a few days building sand castles and playing all by yourself. It's fun for a bit, but then it gets lonely and boring. Then you see someone new on the playground playing on their own. You both become interested in the concept of playing together. Maybe it will work out and maybe it won't. The point is to go into it with a playful and curious attitude. You both want to have a positive experience. All you can do is your best and try to have fun. Everything else is just you getting in your own way of that.

Life is just one big experimental playground and sometimes people play together. Show her what's fun for you. She'll show you what's fun for her. Then you both attempt to collaborate and create something even more fun together. Sometimes things work out and sometimes it doesn't, but there's also a lot more people in the playground to play with.

7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Is this that chic from Walmart?

8. Hahaha, jesus. Not much I can say to that one. :p

hardowner likes this.
  9. Yeah I'm just gonna have fun tonight and we'll see what comes of it. I mean, we're already flirting with each other like crazy so we've kinda gone past the first stage. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

hardowner likes this.
  10. Actually no. It's a friend's cousin. If it weren't for her though I would've went to Wal-mart to look for that girl and asked her out. That was the plan, but then I started talking to this girl.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Nice! Have fun man.

12. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

Did the mum show up finally instead of the girl? :D

13. This date was an absolute motherfucking disaster. One of the worst days of my entire fucking life. Not only did we not click because she would hardly talk, but when I got there I actually found out that I didn't even find her attractive. I feel so bad about that, but honestly when I got there and actually saw her I didn't even really like her. I'm not some guy with high standards and I'm definitely not saying that she's ugly, but I personally did not find her attractive. I just didn't. When I saw her at work it was such a quick glance and she was far away and she looked cute enough, but when I actually got to her house I just found out that I didn't even like her. Does that make me a bad person? She just wasn't for me personally.

That's just the tip of the iceberg concerning how god awful this date was. We did not click in any way shape or form and she would barely even fucking talk. It was one of the most awkward experiences of my entire life. We didn't even make it to where we were trying to go because I kept getting lost and it was just so absolutely terrible. At least I got some experience from it, but it's without a doubt one of the worst days of my entire life. I'm still trying to recover from it.

14. Its just that you weren't into her not everybody is going to like everybody. Its a tough read you sound upset by this welcome to dating. Some dates are great some are not, its good to see you stated you got some experience from it. As far as the women not talking much I cannot read minds I been on some bad dates myself many times it happens. Just sit down and take some deep breaths its not worth getting all upset about its over and now you have to start taking care of yourself and not rehashing it in your mind .

hardowner likes this.
  15. Yeah man it was actually my first date ever. She seemed so uncomfortable and that made me uncomfortable and I kept getting lost and literally every time I'd ask her something she'd say I don't know. "What music do you like?" "I don't know." "Well you do listen to music right?" "Yeah." "Well name a song that you like." "I don't know." How the hell am I supposed to work with that? It really is like you said. We all like what we like and I just didn't find her attractive. Hell, there are plenty of "attractive" girls that I honestly don't find attractive. I just didn't click with her and that's that.

It was a learning experience and at least I can say I've had a date now, but holy hell was it a disaster. I honestly might just work on myself and stay single for a while. We'll see what happens. I appreciate your response.

16. Hmm it seems you got a lot of "I DONT KNOW " responses odd it makes me wonder why she even wanted to go out ? I see why your sound so frustrated and she was the one who reached out to you first to go on a date? The one thing I learned is to let go of bad dates and start fresh with someone new. I know that's not easy when the feelings are still fresh but you need to for you. Some day you will look back on this date you were on and laughf

17. The reason she said "I don't know" so much is because she was so nervous. It just made me so uncomfortable and I just feel so weird about the entire thing. I'm just gonna take your advice and move on. It was an absolutely horrific date, we didn't connect, I didn't find her attractive in the slightest and I honestly don't want to see her again. I shouldn't let it ruin dating for me, but holy hell do I have a lot of emotions going on right now.

18. I understand you will feel better soon

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

Tsk, tsk, tsk... Tragic. If I didn't know the whole story, I would say that she was forced to date you, even though she doesn't like you.
    However, I've dated shy girls and loved this experience. I love their reactions when I break the touch barrier. I love their expressions when I tease them. :D
    What is your intention? Will you date her again or move on?

20. Forced to date me? Yeah man you're way off. She wasn't forced to do anything. The reason she was acting like that isn't because she didn't want to hang out with me. It's because she is just THAT damn shy. The truth is she likes me, but I don't really like her. I hate to say that, but it's the truth. She's still texting me today and I guess I'm gonna have to tell her that I'm not interested. I just feel like an asshole honestly. I mean, if I don't like her then I don't like her. She's so complicated as well. So yeah, I'm gonna move on. I probably won't even think about dating for a good while. I'm just gonna stay to myself and work on myself some more. I'm still trying to get over the experience.

hardowner likes this.