1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a date this weekend

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 4, 2018.

1. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

Just take your time and relax. Don't feel guilty, you did nothing wrong. You had good intentions, while she had no intentions. See a car, get amazed, take it for a test drive and find out it sucks. Return it to the dealer, hand them the keys and walk away. That's what happened. In my opinion, you should try dating advice. I've tried trillions of channels on YT, but only one made the difference and fascinated me. Learning how to keep the convo going is a priceless ability. I read something somewhere about a walmart girl, I guess you met a girl there. Give it a try. I've been in similar situations too. An ugly, short, fat girl, brought by a friend's jealous gf for me. All I will say is that I was staring outside the bar at the port authority building. :D The time that you wish a sewer was open to jump inside... These experiences are not deterrents, they are educational and motivational... :emoji_thumbsup:

2. In my opinion dating advice only goes so far. Experience is the best teacher and at least I can say I got that out of this event. I'm not saying that I'd be the most suave son of a bitch on a date, but it really didn't help that when I got to her house I lost all interest in her and when she was in my car she was just so awkward and weird. It really is because she's got very bad anxiety, but it was just getting on my nerves. I'd ask her to read directions for me and she just held the phone not saying shit. Oh my god I was annoyed. I'm not gonna get into all of it, but holy fuck dude. Holy fuck. It was bad.

As far as that Wal-mart girl, I was actually planning on going yesterday to find her and ask her out, but this whole ordeal with this girl happened and I went on a date with her instead. Maybe next weekend I'll look for that Wal-mart girl, but I really don't know. The experience was so bad that I really don't know when I'll get over it hahaha. I hope it's better by next weekend. I know I'll eventually get out there and meet some girls. Now I've relapsed twice today after going 20 days and I'm not sure how much that has fucked me up. I doubt it's undone all of my progress, but who knows? Earlier I went out to town after my relapse and my anxiety was still gone and my depression was still gone so that's a plus.

Anyway, I appreciate your feedback. I'm gonna try not to feel guilty because if I don't like her then I just don't like her. Here's to another 20 days pmo free and here's to that cute ass Wal-mart girl and other girls hahaha.

hardowner likes this.
  3. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

So you relapsed fantasizing the hot girl you dated? Bi polarity alert... :D

4. @Vinum Sabbathi yeah it is what it is maybe next time just playfully tease her a little bit for not opening up to conversation. but it sounds like you didnt really want her anyway.

5. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Look at your first post compared to your recent ones. You were feeling on top of the world until something didn't work out.

In my opinion, the only practical thing nofap does for you is that it creates room for better things in your life. You stop escaping reality via instant gratification (reacting to negative experiences in a way that doesn't benefit your life). You start facing the problems that you've been neglecting.

There will always be pain, problems, and negative experiences. If you've conditioned yourself to escape them, then you'll naturally be too weak to react in a positive manner.

Reality has potential for both positive and negative experiences. It's easy to think that you're invincible from depression / anxiety / relapsing / stress when things are going good.

Like I said in my earlier post. The goal isn't to get rid of negative emotions. It's to be able to handle them better. You can't do that or condition yourself to be stronger in the face of adversity by escaping from reality.

Waiting until you have a specific number of days on your counter before living your life is also a form of escapism.

"I'm just going to focus and work on myself for a while" is also a form of escapism.

"I'll only abstain from PMO when things are going good in life" is asking nofap to be some sort of magic bullet that fixes everything.

Having more testosterone, magically getting attention from the opposite sex, having more energy, and whatever else nofap users claim is all useless if you crumble in the face of adversity.

6. That was spot on, very well done.

7. :p

hardowner likes this.
  8. Yeah I honestly didn't want her. If I did, I would've been flirting with her and teasing her like you said, but I just didn't like her. Turns out she has some very serious issues that she needs to get through. I'm not gonna go into details, but I just don't know what I can do for her. She's a sweet girl, but she's had some shit happen to her that needs to be dealt with. I wish her the best.

hardowner likes this.
  9. I get what you're saying, but I've actually kept on with NoFap even when I was extremely depressed. When I first started on my last streak I was so depressed that it scared me, but I kept on going with NoFap. There were so many times where I almost gave in because I had already felt bad, but I didn't. I have been able to deal with negative emotions, but you're definitely right that I just give in when things happen in my life. With this date I just couldn't handle it. It's no excuse, but I really haven't even described exactly what happened that night. All I will say is it was much more than a simple bad date. It's in my top 5 worst days of my entire life. Absolutely nothing went according to plan and it's just insane how terrible it was.

You're definitely right though. I need to be able to deal with negative emotions better. I can handle them sometimes, but there are definitely times where I just give up and say fuck it, I'm gonna fap and see if that helps. I'm gonna try to get better with that.

10. It could of been worse. On my university Facebook group they were sharing bad first date stories and some of them are horrifying but also rather funny. On one date a woman got mad and threw a bottle of wine at her date, another accidently set their dates hair on fire, this guy told a woman he wanted to suck her toe and there was this man who told his date she had big breasts in Italian and then told her he had a medium size dick.

11. I appreciate you trying to make me feel better. I'm getting better about it now. It was definitely a learning experience. It was horrific, but it was an experience and I learned something from it. I'm gonna move on now.

Deleted Account likes this.