1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going to leave my parents which i have never did :(

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jul 6, 2018.

1. I have never left my parents since birth. Always have been there with them. Now i am going to leave my parents for my studies. I know for many of you this is just a small thing but not for me :(

rexsuccess, GigglingTrout and P-Free like this.
  2. I don't have confidence enough. It's a new experience for me. I don't like to make new friends.

3. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

This is actually more common than you may think. Not only are you starting your studies (a big life event), but you're going out on your own (an even bigger life event). It's okay to feel the way you do. I did when I went though this many years ago. It's natural. Your parents will be going through something similar, too, trust me.

Give yourself time. You can keep in touch with them as you adjust to your new life. It will take a while, but you'll be fine. I wish you all the best, my friend! :)

4. rexsuccess

rexsuccess Fapstronaut

Consider this.
    You are moving towards a new stage life, you are growing up. I think it is now time for you to spread your wings man, this is an opportunity for you to do whatever you like and become whoever you like. I know your parents are proud of you but now, it is time to believe in yourself and be proud. This is a new phase and A NEW YOU.

From my experience, you don't have to go full socializing beast. I would recommend you start by viewing the kind of groups and societies they have there, you would be surprised by the number of liked minded people you would meet there. If you have trouble socializing with the opposite sex, it is also a good opportunity but remember start small then progress to communicate more often and more deeply with them.

Everyone coming to the school to study has one reason or another for coming so nobody really has time to pay attention to you ( Think about that). So once again no fears and be whoever you want to be.

NB: If you want to learn a new hobby like learn a new sport or play an instrument, try it out. These help you to develop cognitive skills, discipline as well as get you out of your comfort zone.

All the best private 3333!!!