1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going on a date with a trainer at my gym?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by green lion eating the sun, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Last Sunday I went for a lesson at my gym. Usually I go there to do workout on my own and sometimes I go to group lessons :emoji_lifter:

basically last Sunday the trainer was a very attractive guy around my age (I am 25 year old girl) and, given that at my gym trainers put music via their phones, he put mostly Drake's songs playing. A guy who works out and listens to Drake while working out :emoji_heart_eyes: I would like to get his number and go out on a date with him

During some workouts I got clumsy and he got a lil bit annoyed that some stuff were hard to do for me and he pushed me to do it saying "keep going". he just said that to me. no to the other girls there. I could see he was frustrated he was working on Sunday

I avoided to look at him coz I felt I couldn't avoid to check him out. Then i don't know if he has a girlfriend. Given that technically he is working at the gym and must be professional I don't wanna get things uncomfortable. I couldn't tell if he was looking at me in a flirty way, plus there were about 10 other women at the lesson

I am an attractive girl :emoji_dancer: but i didn't exchange a word with him. I was going to randomly talk to him at the end of the lesson but I didn't and he left. it seemed i "hated" him. I used to be a master at flirting but haven't been in the dating scene for almost a year

Some advice to talk to him and go out on a date with him? how can I tell if he wants to make a move?

vibemaker and SuperFan like this.
  2. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I dream of an attractive woman writing a post like this about me someday. :)

Next time, approach him and ask him to help you with a particular workout/lift that's causing you trouble. Men love when an attractive woman flatters their intelligence by asking their advice or opinion about something. I have a feeling he'll gladly spend some time chatting with you about whatever you need.

3. Slothman

Slothman Fapstronaut

What pretty much superfan said, Everybody loves when you flatter them genuinely plus if he is a trainer then it's because he loves working out, ask him about certain exercises and to teach you proper form (really important) then compliment his knowledge--that should start things up. If he's single and interested in you he'll begin to get closer to you and even pay special attention to your workouts.

Good luck gurl.

4. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

And if you're feeling particularly bold ... you could ask him about proper form for squats. Tell him your ex-boyfriend teased you about your backside (what a jerk, right?) and that you're trying to work on it. This gives him a reason to check you out, and talk about your form. Plus it gives you a good reason to tease him about watching you in the future: "Don't have too much fun checking my form there, mister!"

Third_Eye likes this.
  5. Thanks, I will try to do it :) truth i hope to see him again but dunno if i will bump into other lessons with him. Squats are too much for me to ask him some help with lol:emoji_flushed: having him in front of me was a very nice way to motivate me to work out in the morning :emoji_heart_eyes:

6. Be careful with those squat advice, try it carefully to not make him think that you wanna only one night stand.
    Also men love when women ask them about help or advice so this is an excellent way ;)

7. Thanks :) but do you think by this behaviour was pissed off?

During some workouts I got clumsy and he got a lil bit annoyed that some stuff were hard to do for me and he pushed me to do it saying "keep going". he just said that to me. no to the other girls there. I could see he was frustrated he was working on Sunday

8. def i wouldn't pick up a guy just to have one time sex especially in a place that i go to often, plus it is not what i am looking for :emoji_no_good:

Do you think he was pissed off by my clumsiness by doing this?
    During some workouts I got clumsy and he got a lil bit annoyed that some stuff were hard to do for me and he pushed me to do it saying "keep going". he just said that to me. no to the other girls there. maybe also other girls had issues with some exercises

I could see he was frustrated he was working on Sunday. i couldn't tell if he liked me by his eyes, he was pretty cold and distant in his behaviour. dunno if he wanted to be professional and that is it

He had a sort of motionless face like this one
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    TheAwhit likes this.
  9. Firstly I feel that those were the words of encouragement since you are going to gym you wanna improve ? So the more you will put effort the more fruits you will sow, especially from male perspective you have to put maximum to reap maximum results.
    Secondly he have the right to have bad day and some worse emotions BUT if he is spreading his emotions on other people like you it may be sign of emotional immaturity, his motionless face might be a sign of it that he is repressing his emotions and while it's enough and they are flowing up he cannot process them but are surrendering to them and they take control about him.
    Overall there are some possibilities - you were factor to kickstart his emotions which is neither your fault nor your business to take attention on it. It's also possible that you are overanalyzing - it happened but it passed so leave it alone to the past and enjoy your next session on gym.
    Lastly I wasn't witness of this situation so those are the possibilities - personally I think nothing serious happened and I would completely leave this situation behind me :)

10. So you are suggesting I shouldn't try to talk to him? I don't wanna embarrass myself. I just thought he is the kind of guy I want

11. Yes you should definitely talk to him ! And check what kind of person he is :) When I wrote about leaving situation I meant to leave those one situation of him saying to you "keep going", not the idea of trying to talk/meet/date this guy :) I'm standind on point that you should definitely allow yourself to talk to him and check where it will lead you, c'mon it may be a nice adventure ;)

12. OK but he didnt give me a sign like green light. I had an "angry" face too though coz i was trying the fact he was attractive to me. The only guys that didnt flirt back with me were gays lol
    [​IMG]

DeProfundis likes this.
  13. You answered yourself, there WAS no green light. Try gently a couple of times and if there will be no green light you
    have to leave idea of flirting with him.
    I sense a strong EGO here that is unsatisfied.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2017
  14. it is true though lol

with one guy I had for months i remember i told him at the beginning when he wasnt making a move on me or showing interest "Dont worry I am not gonna rape you" to what he replied "hopefully you are going to rape me tonight"

if i will see him again, i will have eye contact with him and see his reaction

15. yes what?

16. TheAwhit

TheAwhit Fapstronaut

Lol ask him for advice, have a chat with him, and aim to secure his number, as you have to make contact with him out of the gym (i.e. a date).

Third_Eye likes this.
  17. Slothman

Slothman Fapstronaut

Not really, sometimes you can't motivate someone with a happy face, to some people it might seem like you are making fun of them (I've trained some friends, one asked if i'm making fun of him cuz i had a smile) so he kinda needs to be cold to his clients, it's up to you to show him that he can be more warm, be playful and he should be too.

18. Thanks :) I will be more smiley too but I don't wanna force things. I wanna see how he will react when I look into his eyes

Probably I will book a gym class for next Saturday where he will be the gym trainer

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Slothman likes this.
  19. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Drake sucks.

SuperFan likes this.
  20. TheAwhit

TheAwhit Fapstronaut

Pics or I don't believe lol

Third_Eye likes this.