1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by GypsyPrince, Jan 11, 2018.

1. GypsyPrince

GypsyPrince Fapstronaut

I joined this forum to forge some brotherhood of sorts. I was hoping that I could have some type of kinship. At the start of my sign up, I received a pop of welcome and journaling has been very therapeutic. I have been encouraged to be more active and that the supportive members will build. I can not help but to feel discouraged as I go through the journal forum and respond to people like myself who are awaiting replies to their posts. It is a very lonely place to be. Especially when you see the posts around you with hundreds of replies and you with 0. Just something I thought I would share. WE are all on here for encouragement and support. Perhaps as you participate for a bit you forget about what it was like to be a rookie. Maybe this will serve as a gentle reminder.

2. LilD

LilD Fapstronaut

I noticed that people who have lots of replies in their threads are those who often reply to the others.

Just like in real life, if I want people to talk to me, I come up to them and start talking. Waiting for them to talk to me without doing anything doesn't work. And I have to say this forum is much welcoming than real life.

When I came here, I didn't expect anyone (except for search engine robots) to be interested in my journal, so I started it to track my own progress, and I was pleasantly surprised to see people actually reading it. Sometimes, when I see a first post of a new member, I say hi, sometimes giving an advice.

Joona K likes this.
  3. I agree with @LilD
    In one hour this thread is watched 12 times, so people do see you.
    But the thing is: hang out with others here.

For me: I try to write daily in my journal, that helps me to order my thoughts. I'm happy if somebody give a reply.
    But that doesn't happen every time.

Joona K likes this.
  4. Little kitty

Little kitty Fapstronaut

5. Joona K

Joona K Fapstronaut

I trying to find... But where is your journal?

6. Joona K

Joona K Fapstronaut

I found it finally :)

Roady likes this.