1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequent Disassociation During Work

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sondae, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Sondae

Sondae Fapstronaut

I have been experiencing something off and on that I can't really explain.

I think it has something to do with possible depression, anxiety, or just some sort of internal hate for my job. I work in a warehouse and as a delivery driver, and I frequently disassociate while driving. This sometimes causes me to make stupid mistakes while making deliveries, though thankfully they have not resulted in anything too serious. There have been a few times where I haven't processed the light being green despite me literally staring at it, just to name an example.

However, the worst tendency I have is to completely miss stops. This happens at random. Sometimes I go a week without this happening and sometimes it happens multiple times per day. I have gotten to the point where I will verbally remind myself over and over again of where I am supposed to be going and I will still miss the turn. I always realize that I missed it immediately after passing the location. One time I even missed a stop, turned around to go back, and missed it again.

Does anybody know what is going on or experienced a similar issue? Is it born out of boredom? Disdain for my job? Depression? Let me know if you have any advice!

2. What's going on for you mentally when this is happening? Are you lost in other thoughts while you are making deliveries? Sounds like you may be mentally withdrawing from your job because of your dislike of it. That can cause you to do stuff like you described above. You try to escape the present by daydreaming.

Sondae likes this.
  3. Sondae

Sondae Fapstronaut

Sometimes it might be that, but I feel like I'm often times just completely blank when this happens

4. jackcruiser800

jackcruiser800 Fapstronaut

If you don't like your job then i guess you can still look for new ,or better jobs maybe........

Sondae likes this.
  5. Sondae

Sondae Fapstronaut

I like my job but sometimes it sucks because it can get boring, and my boss can be a bit harsh every now and then. It pays great for the hours and amount of work, though, so I don't think I'll quit until I move away tbh