1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fasting 30 days - Ramadan- from this friday

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by m.coming.back, May 23, 2017.

1. m.coming.back

m.coming.back Fapstronaut

Hello everbody
    for me as a muslim I do this every year, Fasting has amazing benefits on our bodies and souls, It makes you closer to God, gives perspective, and boosts your health.
    for an addict PMO it can help him so much to reduce urges and increase his patience, endurance and his self confidance, :emoji_muscle: fasting makes you more stronger at all.
    from sunrise to sunset for 30 days : no food no water no sex
    who want to try it ??

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  2. Firstly, Ramadan Kareem in advance.
    Although I'm a Christian, I used to follow the fast to an extent when I was growing up in the Middle East. So count me in.
    NoFap: Ramadan Edition

3. TrackThatShit

TrackThatShit Fapstronaut

Fasting has no scientifically proven benefits for your body neither your soul, that's compete bullshit.

4. m.coming.back

thats nice, you are welcome :)

masturbation too has no scientifically proven negative effects ;)

papaG, señor and Apothecarist like this.
  5. Resurrectinglogos

Resurrectinglogos Fapstronaut

Ramzan Mubarak. As some on who has recently jumped in into noFap. I feel adding food/water (like an intermittent fasted state and there is some legit research happening on food fasted state, not sure about water abstinence) as abstaining gratification list kind of taxing on life in general. The zombie like fugue state induced by noFap is enough at the moment.
    I wish you the best for ramzan.

Lucky1 and m.coming.back like this.
  6. Shais

Shais Fapstronaut

Best of ramzan mate I will join u fasting has a lot of health benefits as research is going on in this field

7. If it is sooo helpful, why not do it more often - twice a year; four times a year; or every other month. Why limit the benefit?

8. Shais

Shais Fapstronaut

Because then it'll be a burden for us

9. But you said fasting gives amazing benefits on body and soul, makes you closer to God, gives perspective and boosts your health. How could that possibly be a burden? :confused:

10. m.coming.back

sleeping is good, why you didnt sleep all the day ? same question with eating/drinking
    not anything good we must do it anytime but as we need it. for ex : medication ; we take it as we need not as we like.
    30 days of fasting in a year its enough for a humain to get all the benefits..
    try it first..

11. Well, @m.coming.back, I sleep every day, I eat and drink every day, I take my medications every day. So I do not get it. Why do this Ramadan thing everyday? If it is so good for the body, just refrain from eating and drinking during the daylight all year round.

Shais likes this.
  12. m.coming.back

it's easy bro, you're not agree, dont fast. :)

13. Shais

Shais Fapstronaut

It's basically character building in addition to health benefits fasting teaches u patience and helps u develop ur temperament more over it teaches us to feel for our brothers and sisters who are struck with poverty it helps us better understand their condition so that we can help them better.... As am a doctor so I know once u fast u have benefits like u flush ur kidneys in the morning when u drink lots of water. When u remain without food during the day ur body's fat starts to melt away its basically a training for ur stomach. No where in the world a physician will tell u eating much is healthy for u. U only have to eat to live yes u have to fulfill ur bodys nutrient requirements but that doesn't get fulfilled by eating more. U have to eat right and eat on time.
    Moreover u saying why not fast whole year well people do fast more but what's compulsory is just one month. Fasting is not easy brother it takes a lot to fast but the benefits are much more. Its like we give injection to someone it's painful but the benefits are more but we don't give injection every time because then it'll be hard for the patients same is the case..sorry about this medical example.. So that's why if u have to fast u can fast whole year no compulsion on not fasting and there will be extra benefits for fasting but compulsory fasting is just one month so it doesn't become hard.
    Thank u

14. Shais

Shais Fapstronaut

If u want to know more we can always talk in private :) have a good day brother

15. Thank you, but the explanation is good and I understand. My original post was suggesting even a small increase...
    This was the only part that I thought was possibly not true^. I have heard that when you go for long periods without eating, your body goes into "starvation mode" and it holds onto all the fat it can, thinking you need it to survive. I have spoken to Muslims in the past that say that they starve until sunset and then stuff themselves with food. So, those that do it that way, may even put on weight during Ramadan. :oops: But they are probably doing it wrong. Thanks again for explaining this @Shais.

16. Game on

Game on Fapstronaut

Stop saying that the reason Muslims fast during Ramadan is to "feel the way poor people feel"!!!! If that were true, then Allah SWT wouldn't have made fasting mandatory upon the poor as well!! Also, poor people weren't placed on this Earth to teach you to be appreciative; stop centering the purpose of their existence around you. Can you learn from them? Of course. But is that their sole purpose in life? Of course not.

So addressing the actual reason as to why we fast...

There's only one section in the Quran that discusses the PURPOSE of fasting. All other verses discuss legalities. The Arabic word "لعلا" has two meanings:
    1. So that...
    2. Hopefully...
    So the verse is basically saying, "Oh you who have believed, fasting has been decreed upon you as it was decreed upon those before you SO THAT/ HOPEFULLY you will attain Taqwa."
    The word 'taqwa' comes from the Arabic root word "وقاية" which literally translates to "protection".
    So basically we fast in order to HOPEFULLY attain protection. The fact that it says "hopefully" means that we won't all attain this goal or achieve this purpose, but there is hope that we will.
    Okay, so protection from what exactly?
    From landing ourselves in trouble.
    From committing sins.
    From disappointing Allah.
    From disappointing ourselves.
    The relationship between fasting and taqwa is psychological and spiritual, but the actual act of fasting is physical. Even if you're not a spiritual person, you're gonna FEEL that thirst, you're gonna FEEL that hunger. Fasting is a physical battle between your body and your heart. Your body aches for that sip of water or that morsel of food, but your heart says no; fasting is when you hand over the reigns to your heart and place it in control. This extends to all other urges and desires as well. From sunrise to sundown, certain things become haram to us (food, water, intercourse, etc) and we have to wait until they are halal for us again. We won't always succeed, that's why the verse says "hopefully". But we're given 30 consecutive days to work on strengthening our heart.
    Now normally, Shaytan is the primary marketer for all that is haram and forbidden. But during Ramadan, he is locked away. Why?
    Well think of it this way. When you train as a firefighter, you don't run into the first burning building you see and try to save everyone, including yourself. You go through some simulations first without the actual fire. You have to train before going out and facing the real danger.
    Ramadan is the same way. Allah has removed Shaytan from the picture so that you can "train" yourself for 30 days, because after Ramadan is when you have to go out and face the real world and its real dangers.

Anything beneficial that I say is from Allah, and any mistakes I say are from me.
    - Nehal Ahmed Abdullah

Shais and m.coming.back like this.
  17. m.coming.back

note: this post is just an invitation for who wants fasting.

18. Shais

Shais Fapstronaut

True
    True nice post I was just explaining to a non Muslim as he wouldn't know about taqwa and stuff that's why I gave him other reasons which I thought hold true BTW what u said I agree 100 percent

19. Christis2strong

Christis2strong Fapstronaut

The controlling power of appetite will prove the ruin of thousands when if they had conquered on this point they would have had the moral power to gain the victory of every other temptation of satan. But those who are slaves to appetite will fail in perfecting christian character.

m.coming.back likes this.
  20. Christis2strong

Christis2strong Fapstronaut

One of the strongest temptations that man has to meet is upon the point of appetite