1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fasting 30 days - Ramadan- from this friday

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by m.coming.back, May 23, 2017.

1. Christis2strong

Christis2strong Fapstronaut

Your usefulness as loborers for God in the work of recovering perishing souls depends much upon your success in overcoming appetite. Overcome the desire to gratify appetite and if you do this YOUR PASSIONS WILL BE EASILY CONTROLED. Then your mental and moral powers will become stronger.

m.coming.back likes this.
  2. m.coming.back

m.coming.back Fapstronaut

will you fast with us bro ? you can try a few days

3. Christis2strong

Christis2strong Fapstronaut

Ive done 7 days water and many 3 days water and juice. Ive last 15 lbs in the last year from fasting. To much training right now in my life to abstain from food. I bike 2 hrs a day and run 50 miles a week plus weight room work. Im an athlete. But i am a vegan. That mean i eat only fruits nuts grains seeds and vegetables. So that is a fast im doing. In the bible Daniel fasted and he ate only simple food. Ofcourse there is different types of fasting and the fasting with more sacrifice will have better results.

4. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

I fast all the time, and I believe its recommended in the Hadith to fast to lower your sex drive, I have however realised that when I get really hungry, my libido spikes up, got no clue why. Anyways good luck in ramadan brothers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
    Shais and m.coming.back like this.
  5. m.coming.back

tomorrow will be the first of Ramadan,
    30 days of fasting,
    see you..

6. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

I am not a fasting type o' gal, and not a muslim, but I am toying with the notion of doing some sort of intermittent fasting during June. :)

Best of luck to you, my friend! :)

7. It's not proper fasting. It is only half a day at a time.

8. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Yes, I'm aware of that. :)
    What I meant to say is I am not an intermittent type of fasting gal, yet I am contemplating doing some sort of aforementioned anyway and see how it goes. :) Also wouldn't bother going a whole day without water.

"Real" fasting is a complete no-go for me. I'd end up killing someone due to sheer hanger (hunger + anger).

9. señor

señor Guest

I am not a religious man but I will be fasting on the weekends during ramadan if I'm not working. my roommate is from kashmir and the way he explained fasting seemed very honorable and made me want to try it. basically he said that fasting made you more aware and empathetic towards the struggles many people experience, so fasting essentially tunes you in to certain hardships that you will likely never experience, which makes you a more measured and humble person. I'm excited to experience this with you guys and will let you know how it goes! but I'm guessing I will struggle with it because damn it I just love to eat

10. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

@m.coming.back , i can't fast due to medical reasons but could you please keep us updated on how you feel from time to time? I'm especially interested in what you go through from sunrise to sunset. How do you feel? What is your mental state? How do you feel physically? That sort of thing.

11. m.coming.back

day number 4
    from 3:55 am to 7:56 pm
    the beginin was difficult specially the last hours before sunset, the second day was too easy, much of energy no feeling hungry and no headache but I did a mistake I drinked much of water with food at night so I was tired and too heavy the next day -3- ,today -4- I feel more updated with Ramadan I lose some of my weight, the weather is not too hot we didnt feel thirst too much but as every Ramadan now I have constipation.
    Of course with prayer-reading Coran-asking God-avoid seen woman I feel more near to God.
    see you ..

jarvyjarvison likes this.