1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does being a virgin make you a loser?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Namekian23, Apr 15, 2015.

1. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    If being a virgin makes a man a loser, then...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Namekian23 and SilentJay313 like this.
  2. First of all congrats on your 68 days PMO Free :emoji_grinning::emoji_bouquet: i am a girl and i gave my first kiss at 21. 2 months later i lost my virginity. i used to be obsessed with having the same experience as the other girls. I felt i was missing out on growing up. after i had sex for the first time i looked myself at a mirror in the house and i felt "mature" and "different" but i ran into it with someone i barely knew with whom i had mutual friends. I liked him mostly coz he was my first one. now i will turn 26 in a month

i would say be open to dating a girl if you feel ok with that and it doesn't interfere with your reboot. do your stuff (about your college for example) but be social, with friends. don't chase it. it will come at you at the right time and you will be ready :emoji_couple:

i think it is ok to be open to the chance of having s as part of a relationship. dating can be a rich and positive experience especially when you have abandoned the addict in you forever and you are strong in your new life

3. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I'm 18 in college and still a virgin. I've finally got my shit together mentally and physically though. I'm not ashamed of being a virgin and my experiences with nofap have given me a new outlook. I want to find mutual love in a long term relationship and lose my virginity to someone I really care about and want to spend my life with. I know that is the path that is best for me and I'm looking forward to that day whenever it may come.

I am really glad to still have my virginity. My choice is not popular, but it doesn't make me a loser. I think it's going to help the relationship I have one day be even more meaningful. Lots of my friends and even my brother who is only 15 have lost their virginity. I don't envy them though, I wouldn't trade places with them. I'm finding greater solace in the long term and not going to succumb to short term pleasure. That's what's going ultimately make me happiest.

4. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

Most importantly, virgin or not a virgin doesnot make you a loser or a winner.

It is important to not care what others think of you. If u think you are a winner (or loser), you are a winner (or loser).

People's opinion on you should not affect u.

“The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others. And the moment you are unafraid of the crowd you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.” -Osho

5. exactly 100% agreed :emoji_thumbsup:

DaveyCrockett likes this.
  6. Dex? What's Dex? Or should I ask who's Dex? You mean Dexter? :emoji_laughing:
    Damn it you got me thinking about detectives who are serial murders now!
    p9707531_b_v8_aa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2017
    Namekian23 likes this.
  7. Randler

Randler Fapstronaut

I agree sex is overrated

DaveyCrockett and Namekian23 like this.
  8. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your encouragement. Even though this post was written back in 2015, I'm surprised that people are still responding to it. A lot has happened within the last couple of years. I've come a long way, and have accomplished more than I ever have :)Unfortunately, I still don't have a girlfriend yet, but that's okay!

I've realized that there are better things in life, such as goals, dreams, and ambitions that are worth pursuing more than having someone by my side all the time. I've made female friends at least, traveled to places I thought I wouldn't go to, and did things I've never done before. How I was 2 years ago is much different than who am I now.

But again, thanks for your encouragement and advice. This is one of the reasons why I love Nofap. It's a great community that has great people. In the mean time, I hope your future goals and dreams will come true just as much as mine are. And that includes relationships too :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I can tell that you already have the mindset of a mature young man. Even though I'm 29, it took me years to realize the things that you're experiencing now. Don't ever be bothered by what others say, and even though it's tempting at first, all the patience and hard work in the end will soon pay off. It's good that you have your shit together while other people pursue meaningless dreams and wasteful ambitions. I wish you the best of luck man.

Mankrik likes this.
  10. A few years ago I would have said yes. I lost my virginity at 24 years old because I was so embarrassed that I was still a virgin at the time. By societal standards we are expected to lose our virginity as early as 13 years old especially in North America. I have a sri lankan background so losing your virginity was not even an option unless you were married. There is nothing wrong with being a virgin because it's something you can't redo once you have done it. And you want be in the right state of mind mentally and physically before you have sex with someone. When I lost my virginity, I was an awkward shy, manic depressive who had very little self esteem. What's important is have sex when you're ready and fuck what others tell you.

DaveyCrockett and Namekian23 like this.