1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

DELETING ALL SOCIAL MEDIA

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by (Basil), Oct 24, 2022.

1. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

Fuck social media in the fucking ass. I’m done.

I’m wiping my motha fuckin ass off the internet for good. No more Facebook, no more twitter, no more insta, no more LinkedIn.

I’m sick and tired of getting on those sites and seeing beautiful women. I’m tired of messaging them and getting no response. I’m tired of giving them attention while they don’t even know I exist. I’m tired of feeling like a thirsty beta male that lets these women drag me around like a dog. They want the attention and I give it to them like a moron.

Well no more. Women don’t want me, so guess what? Good bye! Hahahaha I finally feel free!!!!

Fuck social media. I’m officially done.

2. Well done! Boundaries are important!

(Basil) likes this.
  3. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

Thank you! Enough is enough. Social media has caused me an extreme amount of pain and suffering.

toziko likes this.
  4. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

@toziko it got to a point where I was asking girls out on LinkedIn. Imagine how pathetic I felt after doing that.

5. You are not pathetic :) but I understand you felt that way.
    Honestly I have no idea where to go to meet and date…

In groups perhaps? Hiking or sport or hobby?

(Basil) likes this.
  6. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

Thank you so much . Yes I’m having a hard time as well. I can’t find attractive girls who are my age for the life of me. Have you ever been in a relationship?

7. I am married. We met at work. Have you?

8. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

That’s great to hear! I’m happy for you! Nope, never been in a relationship and I’m thinking it’s too late. Virginity is something that’s important for me in a future partner and I don’t believe it’s possible to find a virgin at this age and this time.

9. I personally believe it is only too late when I am dead. Until I breathe there is always a chance.
    I assume you have friends. Friendship is a relationship too.
    So you keep virginity until marriage, right?
    So becoming friends and fall in love is the way for you…
    What if the approach of yours too direct?
    When you asked them out it was based on how they look like? Or something else. Like: hey I like skateboarding too… can you do the flipper? :)

(Basil) likes this.
  10. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

thank you for the positivity. I really need it right now. Yes, I am a virgin and waiting until marriage. Usually I don’t mention their looks but i talk to them directly. I approach women by going up to them and introducing myself then having small talk and then asking for their number a couple of minutes later.

I also tried to go indirect but it seemed like women didn’t like that because they knew exactly what I was trying to do. “He’s just talking to me because he wants me.” A lot of times I would get death stares when I say indirect things like, “hey I like your shoes, where’d you get them from?”

Do you have any suggestions for me? Are you saying I shouldn’t go direct?

11. I won’t be much of a use. I always liked men who were direct. And ended up in a difficult marriage. Women also have insecurities. Most of the women do not like direct approach because they are not there (in a gym or in a coffee) - btw coffee date is when you just have the time for a coffee but also it is a date (short as an espresso) - to have a date. That is why in a bar you can approach a woman because they also there to get to know men.
    I think you are doing this well. Maybe the forum you choose is not so lucky. Not on Linkedin for sure and Face is full of fake and fraud. A lots of friend of mine using date apps but that can be tricky too.
    I assume you are religious. Is there any program with your church for young to get together?

12. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

I’m really sorry for your marriage struggles, I pray you and your husband find happiness.

I tried looking up church programs but all I could find is youth groups with young kids (teenagers). The problem I’m having is that I don’t have a social circle. I only hang out with my cousins and family, so it’s very difficult for me to meet someone or be hooked up.

13. Thanks Basil!

what you are saying about your social circle is not a problem. It is your circumstance. Good news is that can be changed!
    Based on your interest search and join groups - even on Christian social media - I know social media is off the table - but internet makes connection easier. It is not always a bad thing if you know your boundaries and set some rules!

What do you like to do when you have free time?
    Do you like your job or your profession?

How about ‘PenPal’?
    Ever considered to write to somebody there?

(Basil) likes this.
  14. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

I love my job, and in my free time I usually spend time with my friends but I want to start volunteering at my local church, not for women but because I want to make a difference. The problem is I don’t know where to start.

I’m sorry but social media is a big no for me. Looking at beautiful girls that I like with their boyfriends causes me an extreme amount of suffering and pain.

I’ve never heard of penpal, i have to look it up.

15. Volunteering is an excellent idea!
    I am sure at the community center mist be some offer for volunteers advertise.

Social media off. Understood. Apologies for mentioning it.

Penpal is where you can find a pal to write a letter. Not online. Paper and old school with stamp!

Fun actually!

(Basil) likes this.
  16. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

thank you so much for your help and caring for me . God bless you sister.

toziko likes this.
  17. Take care of yourself Basil!

(Basil) likes this.
  18. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

You too my friend:)

19. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

Yesssss. Sir social media is not fair , you can see that everywhere shorts types of vedios arrived and have type of clothes reveals and make it hard us to be on the point and even Instagram , friends stories force to compare our life with another. Hence we feel depression.!!!!! Yeah fuck it u are totally right.

(Basil) likes this.
  20. I am thinking about starting up a Linkden as soon as I get my stuff together, and using it only for Business-related purposes only.

Imagine trying to look for a girlfriend on Linkden.