1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 into recovery and have a small problem

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Want to stop 656, Jan 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Want to stop 656

Want to stop 656 Fapstronaut

So I have this friend of mine who I always adore. She is fiery strong in attitude and she has all the qualities that I want in my spouse. But she is in relationship with my best friend and that is how I became close to her. Everytime she talks to me she expects me to say something about him. And the bigger twist is that he is cheating on her and he thinks she is a bitch. So he is not serious. I got to know this when I tried convincing him that she is great. That is when I realised that she is a wonderfull person. I don't know if it is love or attraction but I feel bad for her everytime I talk to her. I told her that he is not serious, did not exactly say that he is cheating her. The real problem for me is everytime I talk to her I have a urge to fap thinking about her. I have this feeling as if to reassure her that she is the most lovable person. But I am actually feeling guilty after the fap. She is not thinking about me like that. Neither I can go behind the back of my best friend nor I can tell her that he is a big dick. What should I do? And also I shouldn't hurt myself more
    Because I talked to her today on phone and the urge to fap suddenly returned. I almost relapsed but had enough willpower to stop it from happening. But I know it won't last long. So today my post is about the reason behind my urge. Will be great full to get an advice from other people. By the way she changed her WhatsApp dp and she is gorgeous but maybe if I fap thinking about her external beauty I will do great deal of harm to myself and it will be a big disrespect to her internal beauty. Right? And what if she comes to know about my second personality? I can't bring disgrace to such a wonderfull person even in my mind. I want to hear about other persons perspective because I am really confused

2. 1 Tes. 4:3

1 Tes. 4:3 Fapstronaut

I think you are in love, as you are afraid of her thinking bad of you and all that, and would like to be a better person for her. Also you feel bad for her and appreciate other qualities. Perhaps it is not so deep a love, but it seems like a crush anyway.

If your friend is cheating on her and you think he is not serious, and that is bad in your sight, perhaps the wise thing would be to tell your friend: "She is a good girl, you should not be doing that" or something. Of course it is not good that you fap thinking about her. Perhaps you should avoid her a bit, or make a purpose to talk with her just to know her more as a person and focus on that, and not the sexual side.

I don't know if this is too good advice, not sure. But just wanted to write just in case it helps.

Want to stop 656 likes this.
  3. It's not love its infatuation. You should back away and focus on your own recovery. Spend a year getting free from PMO before considering a relationship. You're too close, you're interfering with their relationship regardless of who does what to who. If you have any respect at all for your friends you'd back way up and only focus on your recovery.

Your future self, the guy that's pmo free for a year will thank you. Who knows where anyone will be in a year. But you do, if you plan it.

4. Want to stop 656

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice. I knew I was harming everybody. I just needed an other perspective. I got it now. I think maybe cutting her out or blocking her would deteriorate the problem. Right? Or is it better to do that?

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Want to stop 656

I told him so many times. He is in another relationship.anyway Thanks for your valuable advice.it means a lot to me

6. Is this someone you see on a regular basis? I'm just wondering if you block her she'll see you anyway just by association. In any case, the right thing to do would be to explain to both of them that you don't want to get in the middle of their relationship and you have some things of your own that you need to work on and will be checking out for a while.

Want to stop 656 likes this.