1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Book to Read?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by 3nigma, Jul 1, 2023.

1. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

I'm trying to get back into reading. This is a question for each of you: what is the single best and/or most important book I could dedicate myself to reading?

Thanks in advance.

Talz likes this.
  2. It depends on what kind of literature you're into.

Does it have to pertain to Nofap specifically? I might have some ideas, but everyone has different tastes.

I'm currently reading a book on the English Civil War, but it's a bit of a dry read for those who aren't into English history.

Talz likes this.
  3. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

The slight edge, by Jeff Olson was good and thought provoking. It's about making little changes and sticking to them, this will advance you over 95% of the population.
    "It's easy to do the right thing, and it's easy to do the wrong thing" - Simple advise, but so true. Most of us can't be consistent with a good habit for a long period of time and ultimately we slip back into our old habits.

Talz likes this.
  4. hiimbubbles

hiimbubbles Fapstronaut

I think it all depends on what you like its hard to give a single book that I think someone should read when I dont know what you are looking for. Are you reading for enjoyment or to learn something ? Is it something specific ?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    Talz likes this.
  5. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

For general self-help "the Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg was one that stuck with me when i read it last year (or was it the year before). Lots of crossover advice to help with nofap and other aspects of life (discipline, etc). It will even help you to develop a healthy regular reading habit!

Talz and hiimbubbles like this.
  6. Chaste guy

Chaste guy Fapstronaut

Art of war by sun tzu

hope4healing and Talz like this.
  7. hiimbubbles

hiimbubbles Fapstronaut

I read that one but I couldnt stand the way he writes I got more out of Atomic Habits, I still think Power Of Habit is worth reading though

fredisthebes and Talz like this.
  8. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

I really need to look at this part of the forum more... These threads are more up my alley.

The answer to your question is difficult as it depends on where you are in life, what you're into etc... Since this is a self improvement board I'll say the most important singular book to read in my view is "The Compound Effect".

It's easy to digest and super important content to understand.

hiimbubbles likes this.
  9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

IDK. You need to explain what kind of books you're looking for.

hiimbubbles likes this.
  10. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Making Love - The Divine Way by Barry Long

Talz likes this.
  11. Lettucepicker5000

Lettucepicker5000 Fapstronaut

12. DiegoSR

DiegoSR Fapstronaut

The next book i will read: The Black Swan - Nassim Nicholas Taleb
    The most significant one i read: Jonathan Livingston Seagull, 1970ù
    Very good: paulo coelho - the alchemist