1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being a jealous friend

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kman20, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Since quitting pmo I’ve made a few really great friends ! People I look forward to talking to and hanging with everyday. I hate to admit this but I’ve noticed though that I get jealous when I see that they’re having fun with their other friends and laughing and having a good time. How do I kee myself from being jealous and instead be happy for them ? Is this social anxiety or insecure? What do I do ? I don’t want to lose my friends and I don’t want to be jealous of their other friends. Is it because I have nothing else that makes me happy besides them, is this why I’m jealous?? I need help. I feel like I could easily be replaced as a friend.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    HipPete likes this.
  2. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

same problem here.
    posting two words on nofap helps sometimes.

Kman20 likes this.
  3. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Well you are saying you have nothing besides them that makes you happy but you should making yourself happy by setting goals and being at ease with the present moment when you get attached to people and things you rely to heavily on them to meet your expectations and when they don't you are crushed I've learned this and still learning this NoFap has made it more evident to me though don't be jealous of other people everybody's path is different the same people you are jealous of might even wish they were you secretly your mind is a beautiful thing but also can be dangerous your mind will try to link external things for happiness but all that is within you inner purpose is much more imporabg then you outer purpose meaning if your attached to a certain outcome it will cause you to not act or be fearful acting with that said outcome but your inner purpose will give you peace of mind just by acknowledging your taking steps to where you wannna go than you will eventually get there but enjoy your journey there is beauty in struggle good luck im ranting now lol