1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Autism Spectrum Disorder, autism and Asperger syndrome

For Fapstronauts interested in mental health.

1. Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) refers to a broad range of conditions characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech and nonverbal communication.
    Some people with ASD may require significant support in their daily lives, while others may need less support and, in some cases, live entirely independently.

Autism: neurodevelopmental condition characterized by atypical and impaired development in social interaction and communication as well as restricted, repetitive behaviors, activities, and interests. These symptoms first appear in early childhood and persist throughout life. It has been superseded by autism spectrum disorder in the DSM-5 (2013) and ICD-11 (2022).

Asperger syndrome, or Asperger’s: neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, and activities. It is now included within autism spectrum disorder along with classic autism, pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS), and childhood disintegrative disorder

More info

2. XnevertoolateX

XnevertoolateX Fapstronaut

Aspie here -- wonder if there are more of us?

I suspect many lurking, but we tend not to put ourselves out there -- IF THAT'S YOU, KNOW THAT YOU'RE NOT ALONE!

Feel free to reach out. Happy to chat with anyone who appreciates or is dealing with the spectrum struggle.

Mara43 likes this.
  3. Hi! Welcome to the group ^^
    Surely there are more, but this group and its sub forums isn't very known...
    I have some ASD traits (about 29 points in the AQ test) and OCD

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    XnevertoolateX likes this.
  4. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Temporarily Suspended

Hello everyone I suffer from scoliosis, arthritis, and learning difficulties which remain undiagnosed as of yet. Along with an eye problem (sensitivity to light), which i wear dark glasses to cut out the sunlight and artificial forms of light. Nice to be in this group.

5. XnevertoolateX

Hah I'm about the same.

Most aren't aware of my Aspergers, because it's mostly an internal struggle. Also some OCD tendencies, because a clean orderly place makes me feel more calm and in control. Bonus: it makes for a very clean home =D ...I wish I paid more attention to those things, especially in relationships. I think if I picked women who were similar, things would be much smoother and more enjoyable.

I think it's very important for neurodiivergent folks to make a huge effort to make friends and reach out. Especially that we tend not to do that naturally.
    So thank you for starting this group, @Mara43 -- I'm happy we can connect over this!

Mara43 likes this.
  6. Hello and welcome!
    Sorry to hear you're struggling with such problems. I hope you're already receiving some treatment for them.

7. Well, I think clean and orderly places look fine and make people feel comfortable. But this doesn't necessarily mean you have OCD. OCD is beyond being clean and tidy, and in fact it's not a requirement to be diagnosed with the disorder. For instance, I really struggle to keep things tidy xD
    I indeed didn't started the group, I only discovered its existence one day, realised it was abandoned and asked for it to be rescued. Then, a moderator assigned it to me and I'm here :)

XnevertoolateX likes this.
  8. XnevertoolateX

Either way -- awesome!