1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[Article] Circadian rhythm and addiction

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ongoingsupport, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

https://www.chronobiology.com/the-link-between-circadian-rhythms-and-addiction/

A very short one, this little detail makes me wonder - does anyone have any anecdotal report around 6:30 as far as PMO? I'm definitely paying attention to timing these days though, and sleep.

"addicts tend to have sleep disturbances long after withdrawal from a drug; the intensity of these disturbances can even predict whether the person will relapse. In addition, there appears to be a 24-hour cycle in drug abuse, with hospitals around the world seeing more overdoses around 6:30 p.m."

tiredofbeingtired likes this.
  2. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Interesting.
    I think the setting of the sun is probably the main factor, it's kind of like when winter comes how people get depressed?
    Maybe.
    Just a thought

3. I haven't noticed anything in the past when I relapsed or wanted to, it was usually random or the urge was right when I woke up or something and not a specific time.

4. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

I know for me what I eat does have an effect, and overeating is definitely an issue - as is eating too late. I've found by sticking to a consistent and fairly early schedule it is making the sleep steady. It used to be I could be up late well past midnight even if it wasn't PMO, now late is 11pm instead of 10:30.

Not sure what exactly the thing with 6:30 is about but it could be more a matter of the body not handling the chemicals with substance addictions. I mean if they are able to isolate a time where twice the chemo can be given then it stands to reason narcotics might hit the system harder at certain times by way of contrast.