1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you a cat or a dog person?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by modern milarepa, Jun 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. I think this might be a bit of a myth. I know my cat would be devastated if I didn't come home. Sometimes when I'm gone at the store or something, she'll be waiting for me by the front door when I get back. Sometimes my husband tells me she was sitting there for a while after I left. And in the mornings, after my husband has been awake for a while but I'm still asleep, she starts meowing by the bedroom door because she wants me to be up.

I'm sure there are some cats who don't care as much, but I think plenty of them still do, even if they seem more aloof. I think of them like introverts. Just because they are independent and spend a lot of time alone doesn't mean they don't love their people :)

John Q. Sinner likes this.
  2. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Fapstronaut

True, true. My brothers cat adored him; she would obey his commands, wait for him at the door, meow when she heard his car, and only snuggle with him. The cat was his shadow, lol.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  3. Aw, so sweet! We had a Pomeranian that was like that with my mom. If my mom went anywhere, she would lay by the front door for hours until she came home. Pets are so special.

4. Cats not caring about their owners is probably large stereotype about cats.

Sure some cats are like that, but not all of them. The cats and dogs are different and they show affection, respect, and other kind of emotions and impulses differently.
    The cat i had loved all of my family and it was clear as day that that cat was affectionate to every member of my family

Cats have their own ways, and are different than dogs
    Probably one of reasons people dont prefer them as much

5. It's funny, because dogs are definitely also like that sometimes.

When we got a husky, we read that Huskies (in general) make pretty terrible guard dogs, because they just don't really care that much about protecting you. Lol not the same way that, say, German Shepherds do (in general).

It also reminds me of some videos I've seen of people testing their dogs to see how they react if someone breaks in and tries to attack their person, and it's surprising how many dogs just don't care at all and don't do anything to try to protect them, the way the owner would think they would.

6. Cobailer

Cobailer New Fapstronaut

Do I need to choose? I like all animals

7. Also, i need to make another, very important point with this picture

[​IMG]

8. handbandit

handbandit Fapstronaut

I have a white Turkish Van kitten called Snowdrop who is 5 months old. I tried buying a pug a few months back but because it was over the internet and I was fapping heavily, the owner turned me down thinking I was a creep.

9. My cat growing up was always just basically resting and sleeping all the time. I don't remember her ever playing, really.

But I rescued a kitten a little over a year ago and she is WILD! She cracks me up on a daily basis with her playing. She likes toys, she plays fetch, and when she goes into spicy mode she gets all hunched like a Halloween cat and hops around the house and clutches onto the couches, or gets all flattened and tense like she's waiting to pounce on you. Lol it's really funny to watch. She'll hide and then jump out at me and tap my leg with her little paw, and then run away to hide again. Oh, and she regularly gets the "zoomies," where she'll just run back and forth as fast as she can through the house, and leap onto the door frames. Lol

She's still not quite 2 years old, so maybe she'll chill out a bit when she gets older, but I hope that doesn't happen for a while. She loves to play. Most nights she meows at us to come play with her, because she's bored.

I think dogs are typically more active and outgoing though. That's probably one of the reasons I prefer cats. Gallifrey mostly just minds her own business, unless she really wants to play for a bit. As an introvert, I prefer that. :p

10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Adorable. These antics remind me of the family cat we had from when I was a teenager. He was sooo funny as a kitten! :D

11. Lol yeah, she cracks me up. It's so weird to imagine what life was like before we had her, because I spend so much time now just watching her and laughing.

12. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah, I bet. Aww, they are so adorable. <3 And hilarious with a piece of string, a plastic carrier bad or a cardboard box. :p

13. iamShinra

iamShinra Fapstronaut

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

14. I'm a big cat person. I have a 600 pound pet Siberian tiger called Bubbles. Our neighbors sometimes get scared of Bubbles drooling at them but he's a lovable ball of fur that just wants to cuddle and play. My family and I love to take him for walks at the mall, park, and on the beach for Bubbles to meet other humans to play with.

Here is Bubbles at the dinner table with my family.
    [​IMG]

Just kidding.

15. RandaBajwa

RandaBajwa New Fapstronaut

I am a dog person. Don't get me wrong, I have had a cat. I know what it is like. I have never liked that experience; you have to feed it, take care of it, and get nothing.

16. [​IMG]

This topic is NOT dead yet !

17. 20220520_095221.jpg My girl had her tongue sticking out for about a minute the other day

Cirilla and Xander_ like this.
  18. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Fapstronaut

Hahahaha she's adorable!! :emoji_heart_eyes::emoji_heart_eyes:

19. I know, right?? I adore her!

Dr. Howard likes this.