1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[365-CHALLENGE] THE THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Dec 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. johnartista

johnartista Fapstronaut

2. Day 9- A good beginning to the day coupled with an excellent breakfast. I did manage to wake up at 6am instead of 5. Well, i will try again tomorrow morning

3. All I know is fast money usually comes with lots of strings attached with negative consequences.

4. Euphorios

Euphorios Fapstronaut

Check-in day 93 of 365.

5. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

6. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

A clip form the movie My Name is Nobody, a spaghetti western, genre I have often found to be very existential. Kind of serendipitous that he mentioned June 3rd in the movie and that was the day I was watching it. I guess I'm in the Matrix, lol

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbifFg6KBxQ&feature=player_embedded

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  7. Jyas

Jyas Fapstronaut

I let the thoughts in and lost my resolve. Back to day zero.

8. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

I think this proves that there is a part of you that you can trust:
    You do have the ability to overcome this, but you have to accept that it's a long-term process, sifting through the parts of you that you can trust and the parts you cannot. Adopting new behaviors. Good habits are a lot harder to acquire than bad ones.

I agree w/ your opinion. That "cure" is worse than the disease.

It probably sounds stupid, but I would try to look at your situation as an opportunity. If you want to re-define your life, the door is right in front of you. Life is allowing you to survive by your wits. Every decision you make now has meaning and importance. Value every resource you have and live within your means. The easy way out really does not lead anywhere. Hard work is not always fun, but it has to happen. Keep trying every day and don't quit. In time, it will help you to grow, and everything that you have will be something you have earned. Don't place your value on the size of your bank account or the things you own. Your value is in you.

This story has not ended yet.

9. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

What a world we live in! Back when people actually had privacy, they also weren't living always seconds away from free P. Everyone's mistakes are now permanently recorded for others to exploit. Makes me sick

The way to fight this is by living intentionally good, decent lives in the face of this evil

10. Yeah. I read that article and I was utterly shocked what information our browsers are "leaking" and how it can be used to build a detailed profile on a person for advertisers and who knows who else with sinister motives. Free xxx sites are not really free. One may end up paying dearly in the future. Yes, the only way is by living intentionally good now.

11. Urðr

Urðr Fapstronaut

Day 128/365
    I don't know why I didn't know that this amazing feeling to wake up at 5 AM and doing something I want to do.
    And I decided to learn Stoicism (Στωικισμός) in the morning when I wake up at 5 AM.
    Waking Up at 5 AM Challenge: Day 2/90

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  12. Ender Atreides

Ender Atreides Fapstronaut

It's a precursor to stoicism, but check out Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics - he goes very in depth into his perception of ethical development in people. Also Marcus Aurelius' journals are very good. Enjoy!

13. Ender Atreides

Ender Atreides Fapstronaut

14. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Totally agree with these recommendations. Nicomachean Ethics and Meditations were both heavily influential in my life.

15. Caleb 2020

Caleb 2020 Fapstronaut

thank you, i'll check it out.

prince san, Dr. Jekyll and Urðr like this.
  16. Caleb 2020

Caleb 2020 Fapstronaut

exactly,and because i that i have been waking up at 3 or 4 for about two month. Amazing feeling it give me.