1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

180 DAYS SEMEN RETENTION CHALLENGE for those who are determined to truly recover and live 100% otp

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Slider8, Jan 6, 2021.

Are you willing to commit for 6 months to change your life for the bettter?

1. I am willing to commit to half-year strict self improvement to radicaly change my life for the bette

97.2%
  2. I am powerless failure and prefer to stay in my old ways and habits untill sickness and death comes

2.8%
  1. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

We both suffer from procrastination. For me, my procrastination is a result of perfectionism. This is my sixth time trying recovery nation. I start then lose momentum especially after a relapse. Also, the information is quite dense and daunting. However, what I have decided this time is to spend just 10 minutes everyday on the material. I also have not put pressure on myself by putting a deadline. Hopefully, this will work. I discovered Freedom Fight just recently and I like the content because it is quite engaging and interactive. I think you should try Freedom Fight once again. They say they have an 86% success rate if you complete the program and wholeheartedly do all the exercises therein. I want to see this for myself.

I have just been thinking about my mortality in the grand scheme of things because of what I read in recovery nation. Let's say that I will live to be 75 years of age. That is a total of 27375 days total on earth. I have been addicted to MO and PMO for about 25 years which is equivalent 9125 days. I am 38 now which is equivalent to approximately 13870 days lived on earth. This means that for about 66% of my life I have been addicted to either MO or PMO. I was shocked when I did the math. If I live to be 75, I only have 13,505 days to live on earth. However, I am getting older and leaving my youth behind. In addition, because this world is so uncertain, I could be dead tomorrow. What I am essentially saying is that we have got to think of things from the context of our mortality. Our life is very finite. We have got to beat this addiction once and for all right now. I can't personally think of going another year addicted. So let us do everything in our power to win. Let us use every tool in our arsenal to become victorious.

I will make time to check out Pilgrims Progress.

Slider8 likes this.
  2. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

3. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

I think it is called chunking whilst according to some psychological law the task extends or contracts by the time allocated to its completion. It is theoretically possible to never finish it without a deadline. Maybe it is a good idea to take a note of what 10 minutes can accomplish so that rough deadline could be estimated.
    Today I came to think that the cause of procrastination lies in double-mindedness, doubts and fears for if there is an absence of the desired results in our life it is a sure sign of being double-minded.
    The one of the body is for sure.We don't beat anything -we change who we are and that takes care of it, that the right way- renewal of our minds.
    Romans 12:2 'Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.'

TheLinari likes this.
  4. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

I like the scripture you quoted. It seems like the ultimate solution. However, what does renewal of the mind mean? Like becoming spiritually minded? Does it mean reading the Bible more and praying more? Maybe I have to read the context of what is being said here. Also, this addiction has a biological attribute to it, in the sense that it has physically changed our brains to want MO/PMO. So how does renewing our mind from this scripture help us with this? Thanks

Slider8 likes this.
  5. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Conforming to this world means acceptance as truth of what it says to you and at some point in our life we accepted that pmo is good and it got confirmed by medical profession although with a caveat of 'moderate use', it was confirmed by our senses and by our peers, by our own words and now everyday is the day of judgement where we are condemned by ourselves.
    Matthew 12:34-37 " ...out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35The good man out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil man out of his evil treasure brings forth evil. 36I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter; 37for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
    Well prayer is just an empty bubble without faith and faith calls for loyalty , for blind and deaf inner conviction.Reading the Bible is good but it depends on reason behind it. Just to know is not a good reason and probably will bring confusion and disappointment, whilst to find the solution to your problems, to find Salvation , to find God is what it is meant for. The frame of mind with which it is approached makes a world of difference.
    Joel 3:10 "... let the weak say, I am strong." Just say it 'I am chaste', ' I am pure hearted ' like a prayer, put your faith, your whole trust into it and it will change your biological content structure. The brain is not the cause but an outcome.

TheLinari likes this.
  6. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

Thanks for the explanation. I now understand clearly the first part of the scripture about conforming to the world with regard to its casual view of pmo. Also, it's important to have the right motive in reading the Bible and having faith to pray. However, I think I don't have enough faith to believe the words in Joel. It seems to me like an affirmation of sorts. But, an affirmation or prayer in/to God must be all so powerful when done in complete faith I assume. I don't know if I will regain complete faith in God though. My faith in God was shaken when my younger brother died in a road accident in 2020. I stopped reading the Bible, stopped praying and basically lost my ability to trust in God. Anyway, one day at a time. I plan on reading the Bible from cover to cover in 2024 to regain my faith in God.

Slider8 likes this.
  7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

All you have to do is to seek truth in ,through and behind everything like a thirsty seeks water. When you know truth your perception of the world is different from the ones who don't and not everyone can accept it because of whatever buildings we have in our minds already. Why we are commanded to love Lord our God with all our heart with all our soul and with all our strength? Where does the love for our neighbour and our family fits in here? The truth is to understand it we first have to grasp the truth behind the word God and experience it personally.
    2 Corinthians 13:5 "Test yourself to see if you are in faith, examine yourself! O do you not recognise this about yourself, that Jesus Christ is in you..."
    Ephesians 13:6 "..so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. Then you being rooted and grounded in Love."
    Corinthians 3:16 "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?"
    John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, if a man loves Me he will keep My words; and my Father will love him,and We will come unto him and make Our abode in him."
    If the living God is in us why so many of go to church and bow to the idols made by man hands and worship something on the outside?

TheLinari likes this.
  8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

John 1:1-4 " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that was made. In him was life and that life was the light of men."
    Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of the world. " =you are life of the word in the world.
    It because we are doubleminded that we fail to believe anything unless it is visible to us or makes sense based on our past experiences.
    We do believe in many things as a matter of fact with the absolute majority of our beliefs being dictated by reason, senses and social media brainwashing messages telling us what to do and what to believe in to be socially accept and not to fall into the weird category. You have to participate in vanity fair to be normal and being normal you end up as normal people do.
    Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate.For wide is the gate and Broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

TheLinari likes this.
  9. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for sharing this biblical wisdom. I have a lot to learn about the God and the Bible. Let me take the time to reread what you have written and the scriptures shared. I feel very distant from God at the moment yet my heart aches to get back to knowing Him and being his friend.

Slider8 likes this.
  10. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Day 3 Thanks God !

Don80 and TheLinari like this.
  12. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Day 0 thank God. Full relapse to PMO with edgiing for 12 hours, all day is wasted. It is what it is lust has KOed me again into oblivion. I just wish I could rise now.I still try to go to my goal 180 days ...I know it is possible but right now I feel quite discouraged. One day at a time?

Don80 likes this.
  14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Today I had a thought in the morning about the ways of defeating PMO-lust which I want to share. It is, that in leaving PMO-lust behind, lifestyle change from isolated-solitary to the one with happy-meaningful relationships with others filled 'rat park' can be a difference between a success and a failure.

Don80 likes this.
  15. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Report for the day 1
    1)Pray God-done
    2)Stay accountable daily - done
    3)Study about reboot- done
    4)Take cold shower daily- done
    5)Guard your eyes from nudity and indecent views- done
    7)+6)Work on your talents/work on your career - done
    8)Engage in physical activities-done
    9)Eat moderately and healthy- not done(a bit overdone with chocolate and sweets for dessert at lunch)
    10)Go to bed early and wake up early- done ( 19.15-3 )
    11)Do not use alcohol,drugs or any intoxicants-done
    12)AEFF- done
    13)Keep track and perform the necessary daily tasks/activities that are due - done most
    14)Meditate- done 2hours
    15)Declutter -not done
    16)Clean your environment -not done
    17)The task - done and have a list for tomorrow-(>=15 minutes work towards RYP and read for an hour)
    18) RYP + 20)AVI -done 0.55+30minutes+
    19)Control my speech-done(well at least outer one ;))

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30

TheLinari likes this.
  16. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

Sorry for the relapse yesterday. What I am learning at the moment is that we sometimes take ourselves too seriously. While overcoming addiction is indeed a serious matter, we can make it lighter and not feel like we are carrying the weight of the world on our shoulders. We need to have a sense of humor during this journey. Laugh at yourself sometimes. Laugh at how silly it is to PMO. Give yourself credit for being free of PMO for most of the year even if you relapsed many times in the same period. Sometimes we push so hard and recovery becomes a grind, a pain and it feels like we are sacrificing our souls just to be free.

Slider8 likes this.
  17. TheLinari

TheLinari Fapstronaut

18. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Well its rather our lives as in any worthy pursuit!:)Well you can't be half-hearted and expect to win, winners go all out! Happy new year brother!:emoji_star2::emoji_dragon_face::emoji_star2:

TheLinari likes this.
  19. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Report for the day 2
    1)Pray God-done
    4)Take cold shower daily- done
    9)Eat moderately and healthy- not done
    10)Go to bed early and wake up early- done ( 8.30-3 )
    12)AEFF- done
    13)Keep track and perform the necessary daily tasks/activities that are due - done some and kept track;)
    14)Meditate- done 4+hours
    15)Declutter -not done
    17)The task - done most (7 out of 8)of the list and have a list for tomorrow
    18) RYP + 20)AVI -done 1.1% + 30minutes+
    19)Control my speech-done
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30

TheLinari likes this.
  20. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Report for the day 3
    1)Pray God-done(just a short one today)
    4)Take cold shower daily-not done felt a bit rough today
    9)Eat moderately and healthy- not done (it wasn't too bad but still on the larger side 2x a day)
    10)Go to bed early and wake up early- done ( 9.30-1-5.30 )
    12)AEFF- done
    13)Keep track and perform the necessary daily tasks/activities that are due - done some and kept track;)
    14)Meditate- done 45 minutes
    15)Declutter - done
    17)The task - done most (7 out of 8)of the list and have a list for tomorrow
    18) RYP + 20)AVI -done 1.5% + 5minutes
    19)Control my speech-done

TheLinari and Don80 like this.