1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

12 HABITS CHALLENGE [OPEN]

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Slider8, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Plan A for Spanish (13)
    Plan A for push-ups (10)
    Nofap (10)
    Extra work-related task (2)
    Meditation (2)
    Fruit a day (1)

The list is growing. I guess it's the power of the streak. Stress is less acute. Anxiety comes and goes. But not now.

Slider8 likes this.
  2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Day 4, felt a big headache for half a day since the very morning, but completed surprisingly many tasks throughout the day.:)

Don80 likes this.
  3. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

4. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Thanks Slider.
    I found this on the web.It's similar to what you sent me but it looks easier to understand for me.
    [​IMG]

PMO and gaming were a total waste of time and energy. Also they made me more demotivated and angry.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    Slider8 likes this.
  5. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I've watched the podcast after work and then ... I took a nap :D. Beating procrastination is hard. Also I find myself procrasting to use the tools to fight procrastination. As regarding this challenge what works for me is lowering the difficulty and effort necessary to meet my daily goals, eg. 6 push-ups for the rest of the week or 2-minute workout (I can't find an excuse not to do them). An apple, banana or pear a day is not a struggle. I follow the example of @Mr.Tony and his approach to developing his meditation habit.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    Slider8 and Mr.Tony like this.
  6. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Plan A for Spanish (14)
    Plan A for push-ups (11)
    Nofap (11)
    Extra work-related task (3)
    Meditation (2)
    Fruit a day (2)

Slider8 likes this.
  7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Day 5 did quite a bit on my career but on the other hand skipped many things in favor of work. Felt so-so in the evening.

Don80 likes this.
  8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

The hard thing that we need to learn is to eliminate instead of delegate if we have something left in do and decide.

9. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Right I have few options of delegating. Sometimes my wife does something for me. My daughter hardly ever. These options are available for superiors.

Slider8 likes this.
  10. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I survived Thursday at work. Now I'm dead on my feet. No meditation today. Plan B (half-assing) for Spanish (half of app 1, anki reviews, a third of the Spanish dict, duolingo - one lesson to keep the streak alive) but Plan C for Spanish would have been worse - doing nothing :)

Plan A for Spanish (14) Plan B for Spanish (1)
    Plan A for push-ups (12)
    Nofap (12)
    Extra work-related task (3) Plan C (1)
    Meditation (2) Plan C (1)
    Fruit a day (3)

[​IMG]Arnold is not happy. I don't believe that he has never had plan B.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    Slider8 likes this.
  11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Modify your daily plan for working days so that you have a good plan to go and like in a school you don't have to cram all the subjects into day shortened by work duties time.;)

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Day 6. Been somewhat productive by taking action on some of the major issues :cool:. The worst one is decluttering and organizing which I seem want to keep putting off until 'some good suitable day somewhere in the uncertain future':cool:.

13. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I did better than when I used to relapse. At least there's no compulsion to catch sleep.

Slider8 likes this.
  14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

I mean we don't want to become overwhelmed and too stressed by the sheer volume of stuff we have to deal with . Some of it is urgent but not important and there are no real negative consequences if we just bin it alltogether.:)

15. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Right. It was a perfectionist trait.

16. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Friday
    Plan A (full planned activity) Plan B (partial plan) Plan C (failure)

Plan A for Spanish (14) Plan B for Spanish (2)
    Plan A for push-ups (12)
    Nofap (12), Plan C(2)
    Extra work-related task (3) Plan B (1) Plan C (1)
    Meditation (2) Plan C (2)
    Fruit a day (4)

What I'm proud of:
    - a 12-day streak (that was something)
    - there was no day without Spanish but the last two days were hard and insuffient
    - no Plan B and C for push-ups (an easy goal - this week 6 push-ups, so there's no excuse and no internal friction to do that)

17. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Saturday

Plan A for Spanish (14) Plan B for Spanish (3)
    Plan A for push-ups (13)
    Nofap (12), Plan C(3)
    Extra work-related task (3) Plan B (1) Plan C (2)
    Meditation (3) Plan C (2)
    Fruit a day (5)

Sunday
    Plan A for Spanish (15) Plan B for Spanish (3)
    Plan A for push-ups (14)
    Nofap (12), Plan C(4)
    Extra work-related task (3) Plan B (2)Plan C (2)
    Meditation (4) Plan C (2)
    Fruit a day (6)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  18. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Yesterday I wondered why I can't get myself to do some work-related tasks. As the first answer came the length of time required and the mental suffering while doing it.

I decided to analyze the things that I do and I divided them into 4 groups. During the meditation I came to some conclusions about them.
    Group#1 - hygiene - brushing my teeth and face, shaving, a cold shower, some push-ups and stretches (things I do for myself, for my self-care and self-esteem; they require very little time and effort but offer a quick dopamine boost) I love them. Time required to complete: up to 5 minutes.
    Group#2 - cleaning my surroundings - making the bed, cleaning after meals, taking out the rubbish, cat-related duties (things that I do for my family to have a clean place to live, they require very little time and effort but offer a quick dopamine boost as well). I love them. Time required to complete: 5 -15 minutes.
    Group#3 - selfcare - meditation, wash my hair, elliptical, a cold bath (things that I do boost my mood and well-being, they require a little more effort and time, so I sometimes skip them). I like them but sometimes I can't get around to do them. Time required to complete: 15 -60 minutes.
    Group#4 - growth - learning Spanish, reading, learning to play chess (started), learning to play an instrument (in the future) (they cover my need to develop as a person, I still want to achieve some success, my inner child scientist / explorer needs that; they require attention, time and effort). I absolute adore them. They crucial for my NEEDS but they are not essential for my survival. Time required: 30 - 60 minutes.
    Group#5 - work-related stuff (I find myself procrastinating those tasks, I do them for people I don't often like, I am criticized for my efforts if I make a mistake; some of the mistakes result from being misinformed; they require a lot of effort, concentration, trigger me to PMO, lead to stress, it's hard to tell how much time they will require). I absolutely hate them. Time required: 1h - 4h.
    Group#6 - useless things - PMO, overeating, poor diet, gaming, mindless browsing the media. Addictive. Time required: 1-5h.

Groups#1-4 provide some pleasure to me. They affect my life in a positive way.
    Group#5 - today I realized it during my meditation session. I need it to keep the job. This thought can ease the stress a bit and may lower procrastination.
    Group#6 - totally useless, a playroom for the inner child - close the door and f#ck everything attitude; safety valve; I feel anger when I think of them. They cause remorse, anxiety, anger at myself, the fate, the world.

I realized that they are related to Maslov's diagram of needs. It explains why I feel I HAVE TO do my Spanish reviews at the expense of my work-related stuff. I don't want to be "my job". I want to be something more. Without group#1-4 I would feel like a robot. Group#5 is required for my social presence. I hate being social but I have no choice. I'm very introverted. Sometimes I feel I could live without that element. However, the society requires me to do something in order to get paid for that. And I devote a lot of time and effort to meet those requirement pretty successfully. No fireworks, though. I just don't want that part of my life to swallow the rest of me. I need to be more disciplined (less emotional) and creative and sometime I need to live in anxiety and fear of criticism struggling to improve my work-life balance.

I also realized that I need group#4 for social reasons too - to impress, to boost my self-esteem, to stand out somehow. This groups also is my sail for motivation.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024