1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

How old are you at the moment?

2. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

I am on day 151 no sex, no PMO, no fantasy, no euphoric recall
    40 year old male

Flatline is hitting hard today. Restlessness, depression, poor sleep/ insomnia, anhedonia.

I am keeping in touch with the fellows in recovery and going to attend a face-to-face recovery meeting tonight.

Quit this habit while you are still young or you will regret is thoroughly later.

artifact likes this.
  3. I think "sexual energy" can be redirected towards other activities, like taking a walk, doing some exercise or work, getting distracted by doing something else.
    As far as I know, wet dreams are natural, normal and there is no problem with having them. Do wet dreams occur in women also, btw? I have never had one, only dreams about M from time to time

artifact, Wanttosucceed and Hope23 like this.
  4. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in - glad it’s the weekend

artifact, Mara43 and Hope23 like this.
  5. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Checking in. I need to be careful the next few days. Last night and this morning I entertained and created lustful thoughts. First time in 7 weeks. I was feeling a bit low yesterday and also my sexual energy has been increasing the last few days. I really need to get back to the gym, I haven't been for three weeks because of my lower back. Its ok now but I am out of the loop and need to just force the situation and go.

6. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Don't give in to lust my friend, do your best not to think about it.
    Good luck getting back to the gym.
    God's strength to move forward and may everything succeed.

artifact, Mara43 and born3 like this.
  7. Nearly 43

8. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Unfortunately I engaged in PMO. A total waste of my time and energy. I just need to make sure that I get straight back on recovery, one day at a time.

artifact likes this.
  9. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

Hey brother

I met guys in the 50s who were fapping and edging and had no consequences to their male health.

I spoke with guys in their early 20s who suffered from prostate issues that could be traced to excessive masturbation.

It depends on your health, constitution, age, health, and so many other factors. I was a chronic masturbator and fapping for me is a no, no. If you can get away with it or if it's not a problem for you, more power to you.

Wanttosucceed likes this.
  10. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in on this Sunday morning - count your blessings, even the small ones

11. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear that it happened...
    Get up and try not to fall into temptation next time. Learn from mistakes.
    What am I teaching here hehe, you already know it all!

artifact, Mara43 and Be Inspired like this.
  12. For a lot of people P isn't the only problem. Lust itself is the deeper issue. We get addicted to lust and it manifests itself through PMO. I know for myself there is probably no way that I can M and not eventually start in with P again. To heal, I need to get rid of the lust. As far as ED goes, PMO definitely gave me problems there.

I will also make the argument that we don't need an outlet or release. The buildup is just our addicted brains at work. I know that sexual energy is natural and it feels like we need a release but it certainly won't just build and build. A powerful thing that I have learned is that sex is truly optional. We can go long periods without it, and this can sometimes be necessary for the brain to heal.

13. Sorry. I hope things are going better now

artifact, Hope23 and born3 like this.
  14. Day 123, a third part of a year!!
    Best wishes to all!
    I'm struggling a little.

artifact, Hope23 and born3 like this.
  15. Hope23

Hope23 Fapstronaut

Don't give up, you will win!
    I pray for you!

Mara43 likes this.
  16. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Checking in. I had a clean day yesterday after resetting on Saturday. Thankfully there is no desire to carry on only a desire to get back on track.

17. Thank you my friend! God bless you
    I won on Saturday, I won yesterday, I hope to win today!

Way to go!

Hope23 and born3 like this.
  18. BookNerd42

BookNerd42 Fapstronaut

Reset today but making better progress fighting this month

artifact and Be Inspired like this.
  19. Yes we are all different at the end of the day. I do know that I feel better when I don't fap and have more energy for the things in life that actually make me feel good, unlike P!

artifact, Mara43 and Be Inspired like this.
  20. Day 124.
    Today is 4 months since day 1, but I'm struggling. I don't know if celebrate my 4 months now or wait until I win the ongoing battle

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    born3 and Hope23 like this.