The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. 8/60 :emoji_coffee:

My self-discipline is boosting right now, this is getting easier!

2. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Fapstronaut

3. 10/60

Thanks for the tip! They surely go hand in hand. :)
    However, I feel that my morning routines are already good. I start with ten deep breaths at the balcony every morning before I get dressed (it’s -10 degree celsius here) and then a quite streamlined morning follows. During the weekend I woke up at 05:40 and 06:10 :)

Anyhow, welcome to the challenge!

4. Hello again, Force!

I remember how my sleep was better than ever when I took this challenge back then. I have to admit, though, that I couldn't make it last much longer. I could expect that since there's some work that is very natural for me to do in the late evenings. However, I used that as an excuse to use devices for other purposes, too. I'd like to change that again. In addition, now I have a good chance to finish my days earlier for a while. So I'm going to join you for ten days, at least for now. My limit will be 9pm.

Force Majeure likes this.
  5. So good to have you back @kallalininen ! It was the same for me when I took this challenge the first time - my sleep was better than ever. After I completed the challenge I slowly drifted away again so I decided to take it again. I have been doing it for a while now but I had a break during christmas. :)

6. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Fapstronaut

Starting my challenge.
    0/30 before 9:30pm.
    Let's do it.

7. 1/10

I did shut down the computer at 9pm as planned. I tried to go to sleep earlier than usual but found it still a bit difficult. I'm sure I will adapt.

8. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Fapstronaut

1/30
    Rushing to get msgs sent in next 5 mins lol.

9. 12/60

That’s the way to go!

10. 2/10

I missed 9pm by a couple of minutes as I was writing my journal, but I won't make a fuss about it. Even though I felt tired throughout the day, it wasn't easy to fall asleep. My mind was so busy.

11. Yeah, no fuss about that.

When I feel like that I always take a cold shower and ten deep breaths at the same time, then I go to bed. It feels like you’re turning off your whole system and it almost becomes trivial to fall sleep. Also remember, what you dream about is highly dependent on what you think about just before sleep.

12. I often wonder why I'm not willing to calm down by getting up from bed for ten minutes and concentrate on breathing, for example.

"I can't because I need to sleep."

Those ten minutes would be much better used than an hour in bed with my thoughts.

13. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Fapstronaut

2/30
    Lights out in 5 gentlemen.